Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can any one suggest , for reducing 2 years work experience from total experience if the applicant having just bachelor degree?

plz find below details for my case .

complted B.tech in computer science and Information technology having 8+ years experience in IT filed.

got Invitation for 65 points , applied visa , lodged application waiting for CASE OFFICER now worried about if case officer says for reducing 2 years experience then i will loose 5 points it will affect for my visa itslefl for more information kindly see the signature ..

Regards,
Babu

·
Registered
177 Posts
ACS is the one reducing the experience and it is not because of bachelor degree.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi,

Can any one suggest , for reducing 2 years work experience from total experience if the applicant having just bachelor degree?

plz find below details for my case .

complted B.tech in computer science and Information technology having 8+ years experience in IT filed.

got Invitation for 65 points , applied visa , lodged application waiting for CASE OFFICER now worried about if case officer says for reducing 2 years experience then i will loose 5 points it will affect for my visa itslefl for more information kindly see the signature ..

Regards,
Babu
Hi babu,

First, don't panic. let me know one thing that did you claim the same work experience assessed by ACS as "skilled" in EOI? If ACS has deducted 2 years of experience, yet, if you claimed that also as "skilled" in EOI, then you should be worried. But, if you claimed the same years of work experience as evaluated by acs, then relax. DIAC will only consider the experience stated in skills assessment letter. They themselves can't diminish your experience.

Did ACS consider all your experience as skilled one?

Sathiya

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi!
Will this also apply to the people how already lodged the visa in 2012?

thanks,

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi!
Will this also apply to the people how already lodged the visa in 2012?

thanks,
hi roda,

Yes, you are absolutely right. The one who lodged in last year is also exempted from this new rule of diac.

regards,
sathiya

Reactions: Roda

·
Registered
49 Posts
thanks,

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Sathiya,

Thans for details explanation ...

Yes , ACS consider total experience that is 8 years

Regards,
Babu

Hi babu,

First, don't panic. let me know one thing that did you claim the same work experience assessed by ACS as "skilled" in EOI? If ACS has deducted 2 years of experience, yet, if you claimed that also as "skilled" in EOI, then you should be worried. But, if you claimed the same years of work experience as evaluated by acs, then relax. DIAC will only consider the experience stated in skills assessment letter. They themselves can't diminish your experience.

Did ACS consider all your experience as skilled one?

Sathiya

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Sathiya,

Thans for details explanation ...

Yes , ACS consider total experience that is 8 years

Regards,
Babu
Babu,

if acs considers all your experience, you don't need to worry as long your acs skills assessment letter is not expired. DIAC or case officer cannot refuse granting visa stating this as the reason.

Be positive and you will get the visa.

Until then,

take care,
Sathiya

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Sathiya,

Thanks for clarification , and congrats u got invitation ... all the best for futher process.

Regards,
Babu

Babu,

if acs considers all your experience, you don't need to worry as long your acs skills assessment letter is not expired. DIAC or case officer cannot refuse granting visa stating this as the reason.

Be positive and you will get the visa.

Until then,

take care,
Sathiya

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Sathiya,

Thanks for clarification , and congrats u got invitation ... all the best for futher process.

Regards,
Babu
hi babu,

thanks for your wishes and i wish you to get the visa grant very soon.

Regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello All,

Reading through all the posts.. there are applicants, for which DIAC is rejecting applications, as they have not shown right work exp. DIAC is cutting down their Work Exp v/s ACS. I am

I m really in a confused state of mind. When I received my ACS skill assessment, it states as below

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261314 (Software Tester) of the ANZSCO Code.

The following employment after July 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261314 (Software Tester) of the ANZSCO Code.

I am working continuously from June 2006 till date.. I have read in some tread that they will calculate from July 2006 + Six years i.e. July 2012 because ACS criteria is 6+ years work exp as Software Tester to assess as suitable

So I mailed ACS back, ask them why and how is after July 2012 is considered to Equate an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261314 (Software Tester) of the ANZSCO Code

They replied stating, since I have Bachelor in Non ICT degree with no Major or Minor ICT subjects, Then ACS criteria is 6+ years work exp as Software Tester to assess as suitable

Please advise, what should I claim including July 2006 to July 2012 & till date OR July 2012 to till date

As on attached pdf of Criteria to ACS, I need to have 6 + years of Nominated Work Exp to pass the skill assessment

http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_...f-Criteria.pdf

My Thought process : ACS criteria of 6+ Years of work exp for a Non ICT degree holder = ACS states applicant is suitable = I have 6+ years of work exp in Relevent ANZCO code.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts