Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

I had applied for UK spouse visa from Munich, Germany 6 weeks back in Mid-April. Since the processing time was listed as "most applications are processed within 15 days", I used the UK visa inquiry service and sent them an email asking for status.

I received a reply stating the following:

"I have tracked the status (GWFxxxxxxxxx and date of birth
xx/xx/19xx) and found that there are no current updates.

This could be because your application was submitted recently or the
details that you have provided above are incorrect. If it is the former you
may contact us at a later stage once our records have been updated. We will
be happy to give you the current status of your application. If the
information provided is incorrect then please provide the 9-digit GWF
number and the date of birth of the applicant. Alternatively, once the
process has been completed and a decision has been made the visa
application centre will be in contact as per process."

I have checked that my GWF and date of birth is correct. Since it has been over 6 weeks since they received my application - do I have to be concerned that my application could be potentially lost? or is this a typical / generic message one would get when the processing is still on?

would be great if you could offer your thoughts on this topic. much appreciated in advance.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Difficult to say. I suggest you ask again after a couple of weeks for any update.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnkas Joppa. I also called in the paid phone service and pretty much received the exact status, i.e. not found. Do you happen to know where settlement application filed from Germany are processed? are they processed within Germany or send to UK or any other processing location in a different country?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I received my UK spouse visa today. many thanks to nyclon and joppa - your input and guidance in my application was a critical success factor - very much appreciate your assistance. you guys are the best :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.