Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is primary applicant. while filling the visa 189

Is this applicant currently, or have they ever been known by any other names?

My name in the marriage certificate mentioned as Before marriage as her now and After marriage name , her family name changed to my family name.

But her edu docs and employement docs and all other docs are with her before marriage name only.

So do I need click yes or no to that question?.

·
Registered
643 Posts

My name in the marriage certificate mentioned as Before marriage as her now and After marriage name , her family name changed to my family name.

But her edu docs and employement docs and all other docs are with her before marriage name only.

You Should choose "Yes" to that.
You will also have to submit Marriage Certificate as proof of Change in Name after marriage.

·
Registered
577 Posts

Mention "yes" here. And provide an affidavit stating the change of name, along with marriage certificate. Should be enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello guys,

I need your opinion on this situation:

My son is legally adopted. He has a different name before we legally adopted him. In filling out his details, I check YES on Other Names/Spelling then my reason is "NAME before LEGALLY ADOPTED"

I have his new birth certificate with his new name and my name as his father.

My concern is, do I need to support the adoption papers? Is there a possibility that it might slow down the processing?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts