Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
Please tell me if you know this. Is there any chance for a software engineer to immigrate to Australia at the moment if his point is only 55 points. When he claimed his experience successfully with over 8 years, the opportunity of nomination has been over. His Ielts score is 7.0 overall but Writing and Speaking is just only 6.5 and it is not easy to get 7.0 in Speaking at all.
Many thanks for your suggestion.
Lucky.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe score should be minimum 60. You cannot proceed with you application with only 55 pts.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi guys!
Please tell me if you know this. Is there any chance for a software engineer to immigrate to Australia at the moment if his point is only 55 points. When he claimed his experience successfully with over 8 years, the opportunity of nomination has been over. His Ielts score is 7.0 overall but Writing and Speaking is just only 6.5 and it is not easy to get 7.0 in Speaking at all.
Many thanks for your suggestion.
Lucky.
hI Lucky,

There are 3 options for your friend as of now.
1. Ask him to check out the regions and/or states that sponsor his occupation. Every state has different IELTS requirements to nominate a candidate under 190 visa (state sponsored). I guess, South australia, needs only 6.5 in each section to award SS. But, check out whether any other states offer sponsorship to his profile at present. A SS will give him additional 5 points making his current score 60 to be eligible for visa.

2. Secondly, Regional sponsorship can be obtained through 489 visa that allows him to stay and work in that area for 4 years. Look at the regions that sponsor him and lodge the application for 489 visa.

3. Lastly yet importantly, the best choice is to sit for IELTS and score 7 in each section so that the dependency on state/region can be removed and can apply for visa under 189 visa (independent skilled category). I will suggest him to go through this route.

in short, Securing 7 in each section of ielts will open more doors for sure.

All the best!

Sathiya

1 - 3 of 3 Posts