Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if there's any point in mentioning my internship to ACS. It was a paid internship, however it was done as a part of my course completion, hence, I received my degree after I had completed my internship. I read that ACS will not consider it if it was a means to complete my course.

In order to prevent a negative assessment, as a objectives of the internship were different from the ANZSCO code I'm applying for, would it be okay to not mention this altogether in the first place?

Also assuming that it was relevant to the ANZSCO I'm applying for, do you think the ACS would consider my internship period as a part of the suitability criteria (2 years that would be shaved off)?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
No. ACS doesn't consider internships (paid/unpaid) or experience less than 20 hours/week.

·
Registered
142 Posts
What if the internship was full time, 40 hours a week and paid? My wife is a B.tech + M.tech in IT. As part of her final semester for M.tech, she did a full time paid internship for 5 months and later joined the very company as an employee.

We've attached the internship certificate with salary certificates and affidavit to certify that she was working as a "full time paid intern". Let's see if that work-ex is counted or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What if the internship was full time, 40 hours a week and paid? My wife is a B.tech + M.tech in IT. As part of her final semester for M.tech, she did a full time paid internship for 5 months and later joined the very company as an employee.

We've attached the internship certificate with salary certificates and affidavit to certify that she was working as a "full time paid intern". Let's see if that work-ex is counted or not.
Did they count it as a job experience???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts