Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sovereignman-Big Brother is coming to the UK.

Recently, however, the British government has begun blurring the distinction between tax avoidance and tax evasion. Evasion, they say, may be illegal, but avoidance is just as bad. In either case, you’re “stealing” from your neighbors…
Every day there seems to be more reasons to stay in Expatland....

This guy Simon Black has some great articles, well worth signing up for his newsletters, he has me wondering what part of expat land I should move to next, Panama, Estonia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Ecuador and many more countries seem to be favorable.

I'm sure many of you will have opinions on the above article...... Thoughts please!!!

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
I've read that quickly and much of it is sensationalism. Many of his other articles appear much the same.

I strongly recommend that you don't take too much notice of what he is saying.
-

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah maybe so Elph, but he does bring up many good points in many of his articles, however I do agree that it is up to us as individuals to take what we feel is right from those articles, For example he states that he thinks Estonia is one economy to watch for the future for various reasons, however I have a lot of first hand experience with Estonia and I know the reality is far from what he portrays but the reasons that he states for the country having a bright future are correct however other politics are sure to mess that up for them.

There is always more to a story than what is first portrayed.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I think there is sod all difference between them....... so long as you don't get caught...... and if you do, then let your lawyer argue the toss

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you evade a taxi, it means it almost hit you. To avoid it is not walking in the street.

Wait - are we talking about a taxi or tax?
Haha nice - great answer for both taxis and taxes! :tongue1:

·
Registered
164 Posts
there is a big difference between them. some people have used the trick of putting their property in other people's names.

but if tax avoidance and evasion are the same then the problem is the laws themselves, because they define how something is taxed or not. A person is not at fault for finding a loophole that the law allows.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
there is a big difference between them. some people have used the trick of putting their property in other people's names.

but if tax avoidance and evasion are the same then the problem is the laws themselves, because they define how something is taxed or not. A person is not at fault for finding a loophole that the law allows.
Thats exactly what a lawyer, called Mr loophole does to earn his living ,& he is famous for it too:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts