Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I want to confirm that whether DIBP accepts statutory declaration as employee reference. I got a RNR letter from client but afraid that his HR may negate during verification. Somebody told me that DIBP do not check "authentic to sign" for SD, while it is done in most of the cases during RNR letter on Letter head.
Can I provide two SD's as employee reference.

Which is better RNR or SD??

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Hi Guys,
I want to confirm that whether DIBP accepts statutory declaration as employee reference. I got a RNR letter from client but afraid that his HR may negate during verification. Somebody told me that DIBP do not check "authentic to sign" for SD, while it is done in most of the cases during RNR letter on Letter head.

There is no 2 opinions that a Reference letter is always preferable aover a SD
But it has to be a geniuine one giving true details about your employment dates and RNR, not what you want it to be.
If you cannot get a reference letter, then SDs are also accepted by the department but may be subjected to a higher level of scrutiny

Your client cannot issue the RNR.
It has to be issued by your employer

Moreover, in most cases, whether SD or reference letter, DIBP will verify the claims made by you

Don't think about giving a false reference letter or SD.
You may end up losing you application fees and also be barred from applying for 3 years

Cheers

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
But it has to be a geniuine one giving true details about your employment dates and RNR, not what you want it to be.
If you cannot get a reference letter, then SDs are also accepted by the department but may be subjected to a higher level of scrutiny

Moreover, in most cases, whether SD or reference letter, DIBP will verify the claims made by you

You may end up losing you application fees and also be barred from applying for 3 years

Cheers
Thanks for reply. I will provide 100% accurate information, but there is some issue proving existence of my actual employer.
I work in a MNC through a home based contractor having no registered office, website and official email id's etc. So, proving his existence over cyber world is very difficult. I am having genuine salary slip, bank statement, PF record, RNR from employer, but it might go in vain if DIBP failed to get any digital record/ static record of my employer. But my employer is registered with all government authorities.
So, I made a mind to take a SD or RNR from client company(for which I actually work) to prove my experience, that I am actually working.

Now whats ur call and advise in this regards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have diploma in mechanical engineering after +2.I want to apply for skill assessment as trade worker fitter(general) 323211. I am working as mechanical supervisor. what are the chances of getting +ve skill assessment with diploma and higher designation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I see you have good knowledge on the visa application requirements.

I have a question I am applying for a 187 visa and I have managed to get 5 reference letters out of 6 companies worked.

For the company I cannot get a letter from what do you suggest I do ? Get a stat dec or get a supervisor to write a letter ( Not on letter head )

The evidence I have for that period is bank statements showing payments mid year and end of year. And also a few other documents signed by company with company

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

Cheers

I have a question I am applying for a 187 visa and I have managed to get 5 reference letters out of 6 companies worked.

For the company I cannot get a letter from what do you suggest I do ? Get a stat dec or get a supervisor to write a letter ( Not on letter head )

The evidence I have for that period is bank statements showing payments mid year and end of year. And also a few other documents signed by company with company

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Hi Guys,

Both equally accepted and thousands got grants with one and the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts

For the company I cannot get a letter from what do you suggest I do ? Get a stat dec or get a previous supervisor to write a letter ( Not on letter head )

The evidence I have for that period is bank statements showing payments mid year and end of year. And also a few other documents signed by company with company and also i have tax documents but they don't say employers name it's just the way my country works. I was a expat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts