Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Though I submitted my PCC and medicals in Apr'09, I have not got my visa yet.
When I go to the Documents Checklist section,I see some documents as "Received" and some others as "Required".I am sure I have submitted all the required documents.Why this discrepency?Is this the cause of my visa getting delayed?When I write to CO asking him/her if any documents need to be submitted from my side,I do not get a proper reply.Just now I saw a thread in which the applicant has received his visa withing 2 months after PCC and medicals.Pls pls help me out.What documents need to be submitted I really don't know.
Here is how the docs checklist section appears for me:

01/09/2008 Birth certificate or other evidence of age Received Message
07/08/2008 Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page Required Message
07/08/2008 IELTS English Test Report Results Required Message
01/09/2008 Evidence of overseas qualifications Received Message
07/08/2008 Evidence of skills assessment Required Message
07/08/2008 Evidence of Specific Work Experience Required Message
01/09/2008 Evidence of work experience Received Message
01/09/2008 Form 1221- Additional personal particulars information Received Message
01/09/2008 Passport photo Received Message
07/08/2008 Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray Required Message
07/08/2008 Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa Required Message
07/08/2008 Form 47P - Overseas penal clearance certificate Required Message .
KINDLY HELP. I AM WORRIED A LOT.

Reg,
gopal

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi

In my case also Medical and PCC are shown as being refered since last 1 month, but there is no update on it. when i queried the Immi dept, they told to wait till Mid jan to get the visa approval.

is there any issue in my case, or is it just normal delay.
My assessment is under CSL and MODL.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You better call DIAC directly.......before that once again send all the scan documents in email, after two days send PLE to confirm the receipt of documents.

Is your application is online or paper based??

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am undergoing the same scenario and to me, its now more than 5 months since CO allocation.

I called DIAC and they told me that nothing outstanding is required at my end. Once, the operator said me that probably my case would be considered in quota of next year as quota of this year has been completed and no further VISAs are issuing.

I am CSL 175 Chemical engg. applicant.

·
Registered
541 Posts
velamoor_gopal .........

I think you have already send the plea.
Please call Diac as it will ease your tension.
Surely you will get the status of your application as any thing further required or not.

If every thing found OK then you have to wait like myself and malik.
As malik already said about this year Quata of Visa
Regards
Hari999999
..................................................................................................................................
TRA Positive September 2007
IELTS Pased January 2008
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Waiting for Visa.???

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am confused about the start of new year...

will it start on 1st January or 1st July?

As, i think they work July to June basis...

·
Registered
881 Posts
What about those applicants who will apply after Jan 2010 and in CSL/MODL category?
Will their visa be processed within 12 months as stated by DIAC in their recent PDF doc?

pls respond.

·
Registered
541 Posts
What about those applicants who will apply after Jan 2010 and in CSL/MODL category?
Will their visa be processed within 12 months as stated by DIAC in their recent PDF doc?

pls respond.
Diac has given a time frame only for those applying in 2009.
Application given in 2010 time frame still not disclosed.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hari,
m confused........ so will applications filed after 1st Jan 2010 will not be under priority processing?
or
will these applications including CSL/MODL will be ONHOLD till 2012?

pls suggest????

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hari,
m confused........ so will applications filed after 1st Jan 2010 will not be under priority processing?
or
will these applications including CSL/MODL will be ONHOLD till 2012?

pls suggest????
No need to confuse. THE ONLY THING IS NO TIME PERIOD DISCLOSED BY DIAC FOR APPLYING AFTER 2009.

CSL will not get hold and not to lag till2012.
Some times CSL applications will get faster in 2010.
Let wait and see what Diac says.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yes,
We can only watch n wait. :)
I have heard abt the MODL updations by end of 2009.
Hopefully CSL dosen't get affect adversly by this. :rolleyes:

No need to confuse. THE ONLY THING IS NO TIME PERIOD DISCLOSED BY DIAC FOR APPLYING AFTER 2009.

CSL will not get hold and not to lag till2012.
Some times CSL applications will get faster in 2010.
Let wait and see what Diac says.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want to understand one simple thing.
When I've submitted all the documents long back, why is that the status of some documents is "Received" and the others is "Required"?Have they not received any documents or have they not updated? When I called up DIAC, they said that nothing is pending from my end.What do I make out of this?It's almost 7 months since I submitted medicals and PCC.
Pls reply and help..

Gopal

pls respond.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
gopal, when you have an agent, its best if you push the bummer forth, ask him to call teh diac and find out. other then that keep calling diac, this is not normal, alternatively, seek a second opinion, speak to another agent, ask them if this is normal and what should be plan B..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts