Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is skill assessment for spouse mandatory, when she is not a primary applicant?

Q>Do I have to pay 2nd instalment - 3510 Australian Dollars ($3510 AUD) ?
A>The 2nd installment of the visa application charge only applies to dependents aged 18 years or over with less than functional English, and must be paid before the visa is granted.

My spouse has band 7.5 and Masters Degree, now do I need to carry skill assessment for her?
or the IELTS band n Certificates is sufficient enough in order to refrain from paying 2nd installment?

Also to claim 5 bonus points for spouse, is her assessment needed or meare documents replicating age/education/employment are sufficient ?

Simple question :D

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
No, your wife will not be required to do a skills assessment, only the main applicant.

Dolly

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dolly,
Few days back I had applied for visa online on IMMI.GOV.AU just to test which docs are required at each level. In the spouse section they had 1 text field asking for the skill assessment ID inorder to claim 5 bonus points.

Now my question is that whether can I still claim 5 points without her skill assessment?

thanx in advance
No, your wife will not be required to do a skills assessment, only the main applicant.

Dolly

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Gourav,

Spouse skill assessment is only required if you want to claim 5 extra points. Else, no need. I filed my application last week.

2nd installment is also not requird, either you can proove that ur spouse studied in english medium or she has IELTS score of 5 or more.

I wife has her masters from US but still we both took IELTS for migration purpose, I guess IELTS is still easier to get than running behind university ..

Regards,
Randhir

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ditto, we took ielts fro the very reason, did not want to run after university and school. u say u do have her ielts transcript, but if u want to claim the 5 points for her skill, you will have to get her assessment done.

btw, why do u need her additional points? u must be past 120 minimum point criteria i suppose??

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
100 points, Subclass 176 (Relative Sponsored).

ditto, we took ielts fro the very reason, did not want to run after university and school. u say u do have her ielts transcript, but if u want to claim the 5 points for her skill, you will have to get her assessment done.

btw, why do u need her additional points? u must be past 120 minimum point criteria i suppose??

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
isnt 100 the minimum requirement for 176 relative sponsored? how about ielts? if u manage over 8 in ielts, u get 25 points as against 15 if u score below 8

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have appeared IELTS (Band 7, so 15 points) and have 100 points (minimum required for subclass 176).
Will having enough points, may speed up the visa processing time as compared to similar applications?

isnt 100 the minimum requirement for 176 relative sponsored? how about ielts? if u manage over 8 in ielts, u get 25 points as against 15 if u score below 8

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi Ranbhir,
Though I have Band 7 I am Competant n not Professional ( I got 6.5 in Reading :mad:)
They require atleast 7 in all four sections. :(

Yes, you are correct, you must have a band score of at least seven (7) on each of the four (4) components – speaking, reading, listening and writing to claim competent, else you would be proficient.

May be you can look into the option of your spouse as primary applicant as she holds Masters degree.. May be she'll score more points.

Age =30
IELTS =25
Skill Qualification 60
Experience 10
===============
===============
MODL 15
===============
===============

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
as long as you have the minimum requirement, you are in, having more points doesnt make the processing any faster and the points are considered valid at the time of the application, say if u have 100 points today and in 6 months for some reason/change in point system you have 80 points, it wont affect your application. doesnt make your application invalid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts