1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this forum.

My qualifications are as follows:

• B.E. (Electronics) June 1995 - January 1999.

• Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication June 1994 - May 1995.

• Diploma in Industrial Electronics June 1991- May 1994.

All above degrees are from Mumbai University.

I have over 13 years of experience in the Networking field in India.

Do I need to go for RPL Application?

The migration agents I approached say I need to go for RPL but I am confused with conflicting advices from various parties.

BR/
Amit

·
Registered
159 Posts
Absolutely not, You are being misguided.

I am pretty sure that you have a ICT major degree.
RPL is for people without ICT degree like Mechanical, civil, commerce, arts, business etc.
You need to change your consultant.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Absolutely not, You are being misguided.

I am pretty sure that you have a ICT major degree.
RPL is for people without ICT degree like Mechanical, civil, commerce, arts, business etc.
You need to change your consultant.
I agree with ind2oz. Electronics degree is considered as ICT major by ACS. You can search in this forurm itself and will find something similer for sure. You need not to go for RPL.

Reactions: amitferns

·
Registered
159 Posts
you have a good chance of PR.
If your age is below 40 years you get 25 points
For education you get 15 points
For experience you get 15 points.
If you score 7each in IELTS you get 10 points

Total adds up to 65. That's a great score.

Under occupation codes below any of one
263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer
263112 Network Administrator
263113 Network Analyst

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot for the replies. Whatever I was reading on this forum and when I went through the guidelines, I also felt that RPL is not required. But the agent said because I have not done 12th and have done 4 years of diploma and then 3 years of Engineering degree, I don't qualify for ICT and will have to go the RPL route. So wanted to double check with experts here.

Secondly I wouldn't have experience letters from any of my previous employers and cant get it too as two of the companies have shutdown. Would having statutory declaration for all my previous positions and current ones be accepted?

As I understand SD would be a statement by an ex-colleague and I can get it on a 20Rs stamp paper and get it notarised. I already got a format from one of the threads here. I hope this is fine.

Because of all these complications I was almost convinced to use an agent. But the general opinion here seems to be that I should do it myself.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Experts,

Need your help again.

In India if you do a diploma you get admission to 2nd year of engineering.
So my B.E. course was only of 3 years.

Because of this do i have to file for RPL or do i qualify for ict because i hold an engineering bachelors degree?

Please respond as I am slightly confused.

BR/

Amit

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Experts,

Need your help again.

In India if you do a diploma you get admission to 2nd year of engineering.
So my B.E. course was only of 3 years.

Because of this do i have to file for RPL or do i qualify for ict because i hold an engineering bachelors degree?

Please respond as I am slightly confused.

BR/

Amit
Amit,

For you its VetaSess who can assess your qualification. Apply for qualification assessment with Vetasess. They might take 3-4 months. If they entitle your Degree you can proceed with claiming 15 points for education.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now you have got me confused all the more. Why Vetasses?

My profession qualifies me for ACS Skill under code 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer

And my B.E. is in Electronics. Only thing is since I did my diploma after the Xth, I got directly into 2nd year of B.E. course which makes my total no.of years of B.E. course to 3.

If this doesnt qualify for Skill Category, I think I would need to do RPL.

Please guide.

I have already collected all my docs and will be applying for ACS this week

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now you have got me confused all the more. Why Vetasses?

My profession qualifies me for ACS Skill under code 263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer

And my B.E. is in Electronics. Only thing is since I did my diploma after the Xth, I got directly into 2nd year of B.E. course which makes my total no.of years of B.E. course to 3.

If this doesnt qualify for Skill Category, I think I would need to do RPL.

Please guide.

I have already collected all my docs and will be applying for ACS this week

·
Registered
159 Posts
You are right, but normally With out higher secondary education (+2) industry wont accept tertiary education i.e. Diploma/Degree.
It is strongly recommended to go for Vetasess assessment for applicants like you who have education of 10+3+3

I have friend of mine whose Diploma was not recognized by Vetasess with Equivalent to Australian Diploma. They have considered his Diploma as Higher secondary education.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't recommend to delay your ACS application. Kindly proceed with your ACS immediately.

ACS and Vetasess is no way related to each other. They both are independent and have their own criteria of assessment.

ACS shall assess whether you are properly skilled for the ICT industry, as ACS shall consider vendor certifications for the skill acquisitions. Where as Vetasses who are authorized qualification assessment, for your case is only for points purpose and to make sure your Degree is recognized at the time of Grant of Visa.

Hence kindly start with your ACS assessment.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will be filing for my ACS. The only confusion I had was whether I would need to apply for RPL with my qualification.

Also as I understand even if I don't do VETASSES, I can claim 10 points based on ACS assessment. That would bring my score to 60 and if I do ACS for my wife I can get 5 points for her too.

Please clarify about the RPL part.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a lot. Read up on advice on points by vetasses and now understand what you mean.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks a lot. Read up on advice on points by vetasses and now understand what you mean.
Hi Amit,

If you have applied for ACS by now then it is ok, else, I RPL is required for them who has a degree with less than 20 % of computer/ IT subjects. If you have 20% or more subjects of computer then you can be considered as ICT Minor and no need of RPL. If no ICT subjects then RPL is required. You can apply ACS without RPL option and if ACS asks you to provide them a RPL then you can go ahead for this (this option was there when I applied but you can call ACS and confirm the same thing).
To know more about qualification please go through the page 7 on below link.
http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Abhay.
How do I decide if my course contents are ICT or not? Also do I need to upload my diploma as well as degree certificates. Also there is a mention of project report abstract. I had a project in final year. Do I need to upload the abstract of the same?

Hi Amit,

If you have applied for ACS by now then it is ok, else, I RPL is required for them who has a degree with less than 20 % of computer/ IT subjects. If you have 20% or more subjects of computer then you can be considered as ICT Minor and no need of RPL. If no ICT subjects then RPL is required. You can apply ACS without RPL option and if ACS asks you to provide them a RPL then you can go ahead for this (this option was there when I applied but you can call ACS and confirm the same thing).
To know more about qualification please go through the page 7 on below link.
http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Amit,

I have the same case like yours. I have done B.Tech (3 yrs) after 3 year diploma. Can you guide me what documents you have have uploaded for ACS and what about RPL?

Regards,
Harminder

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didnt need to get the RPL. You should check acs website for documents

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes I did. But I would request you to check the acs site. Rules keep changing and its been a while ago that I did mine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts