Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Just to keep it real and the other side of safety on Palawan, one of our Expat Forum members and a Facebook friend of mine was vacating with his family on Palawan about 3 years ago and I remember the day after they left and returned to the US, the terrorists were working on a plan to to kidnap.

Don't forget you aren't too far from the Eastern side of Mindanao it's just a hop skip and jump and from what I also remember reading these other southern islands they have insurgents working to kidnap from other islands in the region.

Here's some links from that time and also islands in that area were targeted. Abu Sayyaf targeting tourists warning

Local Government reassurance Philippine Army calls for calm
More years than that they came from Sulu or somewhere and made a speedy kidnaping in a costal tourist spot. So they didnt went inland.

More recent when IS lost at Mindanao, a few came to Palawan to recruit, but they were pushed away fast from south, went to nortth (Taytay) and not ssure if they got caught there or just pushed away fast there too.

·
Registered
607 Posts
That's what I heard they got pushed out because the local gov, cant afford to loss the faith of tourists.
I suppouse not because of that but becaue of they didnt want a new problem with IS (=Islamic state(). This was close after Phil army had wonn the war against IS in and around Marawi at Mindanao.
South bother more about mining and agricultural than about tourists. Although it seem Aborlan has changed its mind towards against mining, wanting nice environment by a mine tthere got closed and I believe not allowed to reopen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to relocate to palawan and am looking at a beach farm lot in quezon palawan.
Is it safe for foreigner or am I better in narra.
I am looking to do fruit and vegetables with free range chickens.
I ve stayed in pampanga For 8 years so know most of the pitfalls just wondering if its safe.
Looking to relocate to palawan and am looking at a beach farm lot in quezon palawan.
Is it safe for foreigner or am I better in narra.
I am looking to do fruit and vegetables with free range chickens.
I ve stayed in pampanga For 8 years so know most of the pitfalls just wondering if its safe.
hello guys!
I just purchased a property in sowangan quezon Palawan. Did you push through your plans in quezon Palawan?
I would love to connect to create a safe community for all of us.

·
Registered
607 Posts
(to plw)
hello guys!
I just purchased a property in sowangan quezon Palawan. Did you push through your plans in quezon Palawan?
I would love to connect to create a safe community for all of us.
There are some foreigners living close to sowangan in Tagusao who have no problem without doing anything special other than being nice guys :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts