Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I recently got my PR and looking at the PR status a friend of mine is also interested in applying for PR, but I'm wondering, will he get PR as he has not completed his graduation. Although he has a total of 14 years experience of which almost 7/8 years of experience in banking as Channel Manager, Mobile Banking / Online Acquisitions & E-Services, but i don't know if he will get his PR.

Experts please advice what he should be doing.

Rgds, Anil

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dear All,

I recently got my PR and looking at the PR status a friend of mine is also interested in applying for PR, but I'm wondering, will he get PR as he has not completed his graduation. Although he has a total of 14 years experience of which almost 7/8 years of experience in banking as Channel Manager, Mobile Banking / Online Acquisitions & E-Services, but i don't know if he will get his PR.

Experts please advice what he should be doing.

Rgds, Anil
The basic requirements for eligibility for PR under skilled migration are as follows.

(1) nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
(2) obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
(3) not yet turned 50 years of age
(4) achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
(5) at least competent English
(6) Good character and health

So you do not need a bachelors degree as long as you can fulfill all the requirements. Most of the time people without bachelors degree's face problems while scoring 60 points or getting a suitable skills assessment. I do know one person who got his PR without a bachelors degree.

G

·
It is possible but usually for manual and vocational professions such as plumbers, hairdressers, chefs etc.

Many professional skills assessments require qualifications but not always a degree, some accept diplomas. Some will also substitute work experience for the degree. It would mean not getting education points however and having to build points elsewhere.

Find the occupation and skills assessor and see what the requirements would be.

·
Registered
758 Posts
There are a lot of people that got PR without a Bachelors Degree. They usually get 10 points for education. I think it's worth exploring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts