Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I submitted my EOI in the month of Feb and mentioned therein that I'm interested in NSW sponsorship with the below details:

PTE: 65+ in all the sections = 10 points
Qualification - Diploma (Vendor certification - MCSD) = 10 points
Experience - As per ACS letter, my experience post September 2011 can be considered (over 3 years experience to be counted) = 5 points
Partner points (My wife has positive ACS in ICT Business Analyst occupation and IELTS score of 7 in each section) = 5 points

Total = 55 points (without SS)

After this, I reappeared for PTE and got my results as 79+ in each section, which means that now I'll get 20 points for English skills, making my total points as 65. Same day, before I could change my EOI details, I received NSW invitation to apply for sponsorship (this is based on my old points = 55 points as I did not change anything in EOI yet).

Can someone please let me know, if I edit my EOI now, will the current invitation become invalid and I'll have to wait to get a new invitation from NSW to apply for sponsorship?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Ankit

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Your old PTE result is still valid, so there is no reason why the newer (and better) result would invalidate it. Now that you have received the invitation, there is no need to modify the EOI. You can contact NSW and let them know that you have since increased your PTE score, but it should not make any difference to processing.

Now, the main decision is whether you want to go for a 189 visa instead of a 190 visa now that you have sufficient points...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your old PTE result is still valid, so there is no reason why the newer (and better) result would invalidate it. Now that you have received the invitation, there is no need to modify the EOI. You can contact NSW and let them know that you have since increased your PTE score, but it should not make any difference to processing.

Now, the main decision is whether you want to go for a 189 visa instead of a 190 visa now that you have sufficient points...
Hi espresso,

Thanks for the reply. I'll update them regarding my new PTE scores. But you are right. Another question is whether to apply for 189 or 190. From 10 Apr round, I see there are not many invitations left for my occupation, 261313 in independent stream. And there woukd have been 1 more which would have happened on 24. What's your view?

Thanks,
Ankit

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
If you want to go to NSW/Sydney anyway, the 190 visa is a good option.

But if your first choice would be another state/city (Melbourne, Perth etc.) it would be worthwhile to switch to a 189 visa. It also gives you more employment options, although in practise you'll probably limit yourself to one city initially.

The occupation ceiling will re-set on 1 July, so even if you don't get an invite straightway, you might want to wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts