Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I finally applied for 176 on the 8th of may. When I go through the document checklist, I see the following discrepancies -

1. It's nowhere mentioned that I need to upload the work experience proofs. I have any how uploaded them but it's not there in the checklist.
2. I don't see form 80 and form 1221 for the primary applicant. My wife, second applicant, has only form 1221 on her checklist. I believe even I need to upload both the forms right?
3. There was no drop down item to choose for uploading the state sponsorship letter. I then chose 'Others' and uploaded by SS letter. Weird, the most important document for 176 does not have a drop down item. Am I missing something here?
4. Don't I need to upload my resume?

My document checklist I guess is wrong. What all forms (80, 1221 etc.)did you guys upload for 176?

Vijay.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi guys,

I finally applied for 176 on the 8th of may. When I go through the document checklist, I see the following discrepancies -

1. It's nowhere mentioned that I need to upload the work experience proofs. I have any how uploaded them but it's not there in the checklist.
2. I don't see form 80 and form 1221 for the primary applicant. My wife, second applicant, has only form 1221 on her checklist. I believe even I need to upload both the forms right?
3. There was no drop down item to choose for uploading the state sponsorship letter. I then chose 'Others' and uploaded by SS letter. Weird, the most important document for 176 does not have a drop down item. Am I missing something here?
4. Don't I need to upload my resume?

My document checklist I guess is wrong. What all forms (80, 1221 etc.)did you guys upload for 176?

Vijay.
Hi Vijay,
Answers to your questions below.

1. Don't worry about this. Even I did not have work experience proof appearing on my check list but after the CO was assigned, it appeared on the doc check list page in 'Met' status.

2. Request for Form 80 & 1221 is at CO's discretion. Wait for the CO to ask you for it rather than going by the check list page. I was only asked to submit Form 80 for me & my spouse but no request so far for 1221.

3. Evidence of State Sponsorship approval doesn't need any docs from our side. Form 1100 which will be submitted by the sponsoring state to DIAC would suffice. I did not upload any docs for that field and again after the CO allocation it changed to 'Met'.

4. I did not upload my resume and neither did the CO ask for it. As I have mentioned before, my evidence of work experience has changed to 'Met'.

Hope this helps.

All the very best!! :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Vijay,
Answers to your questions below.

1. Don't worry about this. Even I did not have work experience proof appearing on my check list but after the CO was assigned, it appeared on the doc check list page in 'Met' status.

2. Request for Form 80 & 1221 is at CO's discretion. Wait for the CO to ask you for it rather than going by the check list page. I was only asked to submit Form 80 for me & my spouse but no request so far for 1221.

3. Evidence of State Sponsorship approval doesn't need any docs from our side. Form 1100 which will be submitted by the sponsoring state to DIAC would suffice. I did not upload any docs for that field and again after the CO allocation it changed to 'Met'.

4. I did not upload my resume and neither did the CO ask for it. As I have mentioned before, my evidence of work experience has changed to 'Met'.

Hope this helps.

All the very best!! :)
Thanks coolsnake.

1. I have already uploaded my work experience proofs. I hope that shouldn't be a problem.
2. So the CO would ask for the forms (80, 1221 etc), PCC and the Medicals later on. I don't need to upload any forms until a CO is assigned, right?

Regards,
Vijay.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks coolsnake.

1. I have already uploaded my work experience proofs. I hope that shouldn't be a problem.
2. So the CO would ask for the forms (80, 1221 etc), PCC and the Medicals later on. I don't need to upload any forms until a CO is assigned, right?

Regards,
Vijay.
Yupe. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I agree with coolsnake.

Work Ex, Resume and SS proof were not in my checklist either. I uploaded all of them anyway.
Unlike coolsnake, Work Ex doesn't appear in my checklist even now. However SS does appear with status "Met".

I applied on Apr 18. Don't know when CO was assigned but I got a mail from CO on May 5 asking for Med and PCC.

I didn't upload form 80 or 1221. These weren't on the checklist and CO didn't ask for these either (yet?)

One other observation. CO asked for my passport and wife's english ability although I had provided these upfront. However, the status for these changed to "Met" on May 8. I provided these again to CO anyway.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
the CO will ask for these forms later on..No need to panic at all.I also didnt upload them initially. The CO then sent me pre-printed (Name,DoB and a few other columns were already filled out ) forms and also requested the PCC,Medical...
Good Luck...
:)
Thanks coolsnake.

Regards,
Vijay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with coolsnake.

Work Ex, Resume and SS proof were not in my checklist either. I uploaded all of them anyway.
Unlike coolsnake, Work Ex doesn't appear in my checklist even now. However SS does appear with status "Met".

I applied on Apr 18. Don't know when CO was assigned but I got a mail from CO on May 5 asking for Med and PCC.

I didn't upload form 80 or 1221. These weren't on the checklist and CO didn't ask for these either (yet?)

One other observation. CO asked for my passport and wife's english ability although I had provided these upfront. However, the status for these changed to "Met" on May 8. I provided these again to CO anyway.
Hi Sraza,

Is your spouse's IELTS exam score date is less than a year?

The reason i am asking is because of the confusing statement on DIAC wedsite that spouse's FUNCTIONAL (IELTS) score report (TRF) should not be more than 12 months old. Does this implies that if Spouse's IELTS score is competent (i.e. 6 in all sections) is valid beyond 12 months and upto 2 years. Will this be accepted by CO at the time of 176 review?

Answer by any is appreciated.

satsblr

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Coolsnake, what team have you been allocated? Though all my documents are submitted, I still see Status - Required in the comments...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Sraza,

The reason i am asking is because of the confusing statement on DIAC wedsite that spouse's FUNCTIONAL (IELTS) score report (TRF) should not be more than 12 months old. Does this implies that if Spouse's IELTS score is competent (i.e. 6 in all sections) is valid beyond 12 months and upto 2 years. Will this be accepted by CO at the time of 176 review?

satsblr
My wife hasn't given IELTS. She studied in English medium and I am using that as proof. Regarding your question about validity of score, I am afraid I don't know the answer.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi Coolsnake, what team have you been allocated? Though all my documents are submitted, I still see Status - Required in the comments...
Hi SSDK,
My CO is from Team 2. Reg your docs, have you been assigned a CO yet? Your CO would have to change the status of your docs once he is happy with them. Btw, when did you apply for the 176?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi SSDK,
My CO is from Team 2. Reg your docs, have you been assigned a CO yet? Your CO would have to change the status of your docs once he is happy with them. Btw, when did you apply for the 176?
I know I'm going off-topic but can't hold my thoughts. How does the team matter?

Vijay.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I know I'm going off-topic but can't hold my thoughts. How does the team matter?

Vijay.
Hi Vijay,
CO's Team doesn't really matter but its just a rumour that Team 4 CO's process their applications quicker. Anyways, if all your docs are in place you don't have to worry about anything. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine is Team 2 as well...I applied for 176 on 19th Apr, CO allocated on 3rd May...all docs loaded except Med...will be done in day or 2
Status - Docs Required

·
Registered
556 Posts
Mine is Team 2 as well...I applied for 176 on 19th Apr, CO allocated on 3rd May...all docs loaded except Med...will be done in day or 2
Status - Docs Required
Hi Buddy,
That's strange. Are you saying that while checking the Document Checklist page, all the docs on the checklist are in required status?

Did you try sending an email to the CO asking which docs are pending from your side? Usually the status of each doc changes once CO checks it. Not sure why it is still in Docs Required status for you. :confused2:

I think you should email your CO to get some clarity on this.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi Sraza,

satsblr
No, secondary applicant's IELTS TRF date should not be more than 12 months old irrespective of the score. So if your spouse has taken IELTS in the last 1 year it should be fine but if it has been taken more than a year back, I am afraid the exam would have to be retaken.

Below is an extract from DIAC's website.

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)

•your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.
Important: If you are using an IELTS test to show functional English, it must be from a test sat no more than 12 months before making your application.

Alternatively if you can submit a letter from your spouse's school/college that the medium of instruction was English then you don't need IELTS.

Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No, secondary applicant's IELTS TRF date should not be more than 12 months old irrespective of the score. So if your spouse has taken IELTS in the last 1 year it should be fine but if it has been taken more than a year back, I am afraid the exam would have to be retaken.

Below is an extract from DIAC's website.

•your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.
Important: If you are using an IELTS test to show functional English, it must be from a test sat no more than 12 months before making your application.

Alternatively if you can submit a letter from your spouse's school/college that the medium of instruction was English then you don't need IELTS.

Hope this answers your question.
Thanks Coolsnake for the reply ! So does this applies when opting for 5 points of partner skill.

I m confused because the excerpt which you got from DIAC have a left column stating "FUNCTIONAL".

At the same time in DIAC , the statement for partner skill points states:

•evidence of competent English language level

link is below:

I hope i am able to express my concern without confusing you folks.

In a nutshell, if i am planning to consider my wife's skill for partner skill points, does her IELTS score (which is having 6 and above 6 in all 4 sectins) not to be older than 12 months? is that correct?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks Coolsnake for the reply ! So does this applies when opting for 5 points of partner skill.

I m confused because the excerpt which you got from DIAC have a left column stating "FUNCTIONAL".

At the same time in DIAC , the statement for partner skill points states:

•evidence of competent English language level

link is below:

I hope i am able to express my concern without confusing you folks.

In a nutshell, if i am planning to consider my wife's skill for partner skill points, does her IELTS score (which is having 6 and above 6 in all 4 sectins) not to be older than 12 months? is that correct?
Hello,
I am not sure about the required IELTS score for claiming partner points. I will leave that to people who have obtained points for partner's skills to answer.

I would guess that the rule for IELTS for claiming points for partner's skills and proving partner's English language ability to be different. Anyways as I had mentioned above, I will leave it to people who have undergone the process to reply.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not sure about English Language requirement for partner in order to claim 5 points but I'm 100% sure that if your partner is there as a secondary applicant and you are NOT claiming any points, then your partner needs to get 4.5 in all modules to get through.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.