Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I'm American and just about to apply for a spousal visa (got my marriage certificate today!).

So, does the Leave to Remain (first the 2.5 year visa, before Further Leave and Indefinite Leave) count as a settlement visa, and do I have to send it to Sheffield or New York?

Thanks so much. I'm desperate to get this over with. Haven't seen my wife in over a month and I'm staying with my mother.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
It's not called Leave to Remain for your first visa to join your wife, but partner (spouse) settlement visa. LTR is when you are applying in UK ('switching' your visa), so it refers to your renewal in 2.5 years' time. It will only be LTR for your first application under family route if you are changing immigration category within UK, such as student to spouse.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello guys,

Sorry to jump in, but i am interested to know that difference between "entry clearance and leave to enter" ?

I will also apply for the first time to join my husband in the UK. Which of these 2 will i be seeking with my application?

Please help me out with the confusion.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Technically, entry clearance is Home Office jargon for a visa.
'Leave to enter' is the endorsement you get by an immigration officer at UK border 'activating' your entry clearance/visa.
So you will be applying for your entry clearance/visa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.