Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three kids with my partner, we are all going together. Both our names are on the kids birth certs. Im sure I read that this was evidence of a defacto relationship. There was a section titled exceptional circumstances to providing the evidence and children together was listed. But yet I have been requested to send other evidence, just a pain as have to get loads of stuff together, scan etc etc.... Im sure will all be worth while in the end!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the 'Waiver' section of the DIAC de facto requirements Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 35. One-Year Relationship Requirement it does state children as an example.

What other evidence did you give? And have DIAC said what other evidence they require?

Dolly
Thanks for quick reply
Did not provide any other evidence, as I thought the children would be enough. They are asking for, bank statements, morgage together, evidence of a social life together?! Letter from friends, invites, a will. I will be able to get this stuff I was just under the impression I did not have to because of kids.

Two other quickies if you have the time.

1. Reading other threads, I am beginning to think I do not have to pay second installment fee. All english as first language and I did IELTS and passed easily. Have I just banked a bit of money?

2. What is the time frame, or process once visa is granted and actually having to be in Oz?

Thanks ZDR1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts