Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I submitted my EOI with 60 points (2613: Software Engineer) in March 2017. The current 189 result pages show that candidates with 70 points are getting invitations.

So, I decided to go for 190 or 489. I want to know whether I need a job offer to apply for 190 or 489.

Thank you.

·
Registered
643 Posts
No. AFAIK, Job Offer will not improve points in both of these categories.
If you have a Job Offer, I would assume that the Employer could help sponsoring through the ENS scheme 186 \ ENS Regional 187 \ Temporary Work visa 457

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. AFAIK, Job Offer will not improve points in both of these categories.
If you have a Job Offer, I would assume that the Employer could help sponsoring through the ENS scheme 186 \ ENS Regional 187 \ Temporary Work visa 457
Thank you for your response.

I wanted to know whether I am eligible to apply for 190 or 489 if I do not have a job offer.

·
Registered
643 Posts

I wanted to know whether I am eligible to apply for 190 or 489 if I do not have a job offer.
Yes, Definitely. :)

189, 190 and 489 are Skilled Migration Visas. There is no Job Offer criteria for these.

All the Best! :thumb:

·
Registered
157 Posts

For your occupation category, Australian states of Tasmania and Northern Territory have a criterion of "Job Offer" among other criteria.
South Australia is only offering 489 at 70 points (including nomination points) and 7 each in IELTS.
Victoria requires 7 each in IELTS and minimum 3 years of work experience.
NSW doesn't have any requirements.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually, I am struggling with this migration process. As it's taking time for 189 (still they are accepting candidates with 70 points) I am planning to go for 190 or 489 to earn some points for state nomination.

IELTS General: LRWS = 7-7-7.5-7
Total Expericence: 11 years (But ACS accepted only 5 years)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yes, Definitely. :)

189, 190 and 489 are Skilled Migration Visas. There is no Job Offer criteria for these.

All the Best! :thumb:

Hi, I know this is an old post but Ive just received an invite for NSW, and am waiting to apply for Visa, however, I may have the opportunity for a job also.... should I update my EOI? Should I tell them before my 190 gets granted? (hopefully gets granted!) Will it make a difference to my application?

Thanks

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hi, I know this is an old post but Ive just received an invite for NSW, and am waiting to apply for Visa, however, I may have the opportunity for a job also.... should I update my EOI? Should I tell them before my 190 gets granted? (hopefully gets granted!) Will it make a difference to my application?

Thanks

If you have received the invite to apply for Visa already then whether or not you mention it, will make no difference.

If you have received invite to apply for NSW Nomination then you may need to produce valid job offer and other relevant details.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts