Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm an Indian living and working in Dubai, UAE. I am comfortable where I am right now but I do not intend to make Dubai my home. On another note, even if I want to; Dubai will not let me be here unless I have job therefore settling here is for those who can live with a certain amount of uncertainty all their lives. For me, if not Australia I might as well go back to India sooner than later.

Like I said; I have a good job which is a full time commitment, medical, travel and all the good things. I am settled in with a good house, car and a kid has come into my life recently. That being said - is it worth it to leave all of this and come over to Australia to look for a new beginning?

Do we have other people here who have recently made the plunge? If yes, what is your opinion/feedback? It'd be great if we could have some good pointers for us new guys.

Cheers!~
-Anup

·
Registered
965 Posts
as you mentioned, there are uncertainnities every where. Getting the PR is the big step. after you get PR, you can just validate it by doing an entry within one year of Issuance. After that you have 5 years to decide if you want to move. Although there are certain amount of risks involved in every thing, check out individual pros and cons and then decide. Cost for a family would run upto 5 Lakhs INR including all expenses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as you mentioned, there are uncertainnities every where. Getting the PR is the big step. after you get PR, you can just validate it by doing an entry within one year of Issuance. After that you have 5 years to decide if you want to move. Although there are certain amount of risks involved in every thing, check out individual pros and cons and then decide. Cost for a family would run upto 5 Lakhs INR including all expenses.
Yes, this is my question. Around 5 lakhs INR is the expenses quote I have from the migration agent helping me out.

Now, based on what I heard, even though I have around 8+ years of IT experience with solid organizations like Microsoft and HP - when I come to Australia its local experience that matters. That being said, my chances at a job may not be all that great. Is this true?

Would I have to start from scratch?

-Anup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know about the scope of the IT field in Australia? How easy/difficult is it for expats to land jobs?

·
Registered
837 Posts
It depends on how well you research and how well you sell yourself on paper with your skill set and experience!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts