Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a software engineer and like many others planning to move to Austrailia.
I have filed for 175 visa on 3rd May 2012.

Going by the looks of the rate at which they are processing I am hopeful of getting a Visa by December.

However I am rather worried about the IT scene given the recession kind of environment we are seeing in Europe and for that matter in India.

Many companies here in India have decided not to give hikes. I am not sure but I think Infosys is not giving any hikes this year. Some are giving just a flat percentage (single digit) hike to one an all.

My friend in Melbourne is advising me to go slow on processing as market is not hot. So thinking if its a wise move to shift there and look for a job in Dec 2012 onwards.

Can IT people already in Australia provide pointers as to what future outlook is like in their work environments?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I personally think that it depends on your specific job area. I suggest monitoring seek.com.au and relavant groups on LinkedIn religiously and talking regularly with advertising recruiters to get better idea about the market...it is a very crucial decision to move there, so may not be a good idea to become overly optimistic or pessimistic, upon listening to hearsays.....

All the best.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.