Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I drove from Dover to Birkenhead to take the ferry to Belfast.

When I left M6 for A500 and A51 the before quite nice trip with +10 and no wind changed to a depressing drive through a never ending number of houses for sale. In a village I think had the name Barbridge I saw a row of 4 houses where 3 was for sale. Also big estates and companies.

Is it really so bad?

·
Banned
129 Posts
i have a really nice bungalow with very large gardens to all sides. a massive drive enough for 5 cars and a 30ft motorhome double garage fully refurbed with new windows doors walls ceilings flooring kitchen bathroom you name it i've done it. i bought it as a repossessed house 6 years ago and have spent the whole time doing all the work. i'm now struggling to sell it even after dropping £80000,00 off the valuation. so in answer to your question yes it is that bad.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If its any comfort the truckdrivers I talked to said that its even worse in Ireland. They also said that the Irish youth generation now emigrate "en masse" Not good ofc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.