Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Word of warning though, there are supposed to be English subtitles when the blue alien things are talking in their own language. You only get the Arabic version when watching at the cinema here. Been caught out a few times with that. Doesn't ruin the film though, you still understand what's going on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Word of warning though, there are supposed to be English subtitles when the blue alien things are talking in their own language. You only get the Arabic version when watching at the cinema here. Been caught out a few times with that. Doesn't ruin the film though, you still understand what's going on.
lol.that's funny. but no problem, actually I've already seen the DVD at home, I just want to try 3D in the cinema. :p

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hiya mate,

I've seen it a couple of times. When the smurfs are talking their own language it is with arabic subtitles as mentioned (although not too bad), but I speak arabic so no probs for me.

What may be worth doing, and I strongly recommend it, is to go for the IMAX in ibn battuta. You'd have to buy your tickets in advance for a weekend screening I'd imagine (like pop in a couple of days earlier).

It's 50 AED, well worth it (having seen it both in the normal cinema at dubai mall (in 3d) and IMAX 3D). In the IMAX you also get the ENGLISH subtitles for the smurf language.

Enjoy, it's a superb experience.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hiya mate,

I've seen it a couple of times. When the smurfs are talking their own language it is with arabic subtitles as mentioned (although not too bad), but I speak arabic so no probs for me.

What may be worth doing, and I strongly recommend it, is to go for the IMAX in ibn battuta. You'd have to buy your tickets in advance for a weekend screening I'd imagine (like pop in a couple of days earlier).

It's 50 AED, well worth it (having seen it both in the normal cinema at dubai mall (in 3d) and IMAX 3D). In the IMAX you also get the ENGLISH subtitles for the smurf language.

Enjoy, it's a superb experience.
Thanks for your information and I really can't wait!!!;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.