Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm currently living in the UK with my British husband and our two kid, I'm from a non Eu country

Since I arrived in the UK I applied for my residence status with the Home Office but I got refused and now I'm currently waiting for my appeal which will take place next month, now here is the thing

My husband just passed his last interview with a company in Australia and they offer him a job and sponsorship, me and the children would be included with his application, we are over the moon, we really are but I can't stop thinking whether the fact that my appeal still pending and that it could be a potential obstacle in our application, the company that is helping us set all the paperwork out said to us this should be no problem but I can't help being scared in investing all our savings in this and then getting refused because of me

I know my situation is probably unheard-of and maybe no one would know what to advice me but I just thought I would try anyway as we never know

Thank you everyone for reading this and if you have any advice to give me I'll appreciate it very much

Kind regards

·
Registered
458 Posts
In my opinion, Appealing for Residence Status in UK will not harm your residence in Australia. But, there is a specific question in Form 80 when you apply for PR for Australia : "Have you ever refused for VISA in any other country" and another question "Have you ever been refused for citizenship of any other country?"

Senior members can reply to your query. I recommend to consult a MARA agent

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your reply Anamica, it is actually a provisional visa we are looking at but of course when time is appropriate we will be looking at PR, I really hope it is ok as it will be devastating if we put in all this time and effort and got refused because of me. Anyway I really appreciate your reply, warmest regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts