Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Is it necessary to mention projects done on CV?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  timberlake 
#1 ·
Alright, so my case is a bit strange. Since I have only worked in a startup during the course of my entire professional career until now (total experience is nearly 5 years, as a software developer), the kind of projects I have worked on are fragmented and are not specific to any particular domain (although the base technology I use has remained constant). Another 'issue' (if you may call it an issue) is that almost all projects I have worked on are pretty small (due to the company being a startup), and have single-handedly completed entire projects on my own. This might give potential employers the impression that I'm not a 'team man'. Also, I have worked on way too many projects (probably more than 20).

Considering all this, would it be wise to simply not mention any projects on my CV at all, and only mention my general roles and responsibilities on my CV? If I am called for an interview, I can just take up a couple of projects related to the job I'm applying for and speak about it, right?

Kindly advice.

#3 ·
Show them as much as you can but don't lie. That's it

Reactions: funkyzoom
#4 ·
Thanks for responding!

To avoid discrepancies, in my case, it is certainly better if I don't mention project details on my CV. Will employers/recruiters even shortlist candidates if the CV does not contain specific project details, but describes the roles and responsibilities in detail?

#5 ·
In my opinion, just show what you have done, don't show details, for example: only show them the name and type of projects and you will explain more in the interview. It should be better. :fingerscrossed:

Reactions: funkyzoom
#7 ·
For smaller projects, you may want to bundle them under heading of 'Evergreening' or BAU or a single Maintainance project. Since your base technology is same, that should be fine. e.g As a Java developer, I've worked on Spring, Hibernate, Restful web services across multiple projects blah blah.

But yes, good to mention a few projects ( irrespective of size) which justify your job code description easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.