Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got ACS done, positive with 261313 (Software engineer). Current I am having 30 points age (25-32 bracket), 20 points IELTS (9,9,8,8) and 15 points degree (Masters in ICT). This gives me 65 points.

My questions is, can I skip claiming points for employment? I basically want to avoid any kind of risk of delay in visa because DIAC was not able to communicate with my employers. My reference letters do not have direct contact information of the people who have signed them.

If I skip it, do I still need to fill my employment history in EOI?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Not sure about filling your employment history in EOI, but you can easily skip if you aren't claiming any points for work experience

·
Registered
272 Posts
I also didn't claim my points for employ. but did mention it in EOI as 'not related' experience except my last employment which i marked as 'related' but which was less than 3 years long. I did so on purpose in order to make sure that I have relevant experience but at the same time that they skip the stage of employment veerification.

I have got ACS done, positive with 261313 (Software engineer). Current I am having 30 points age (25-32 bracket), 20 points IELTS (9,9,8,8) and 15 points degree (Masters in ICT). This gives me 65 points.

My questions is, can I skip claiming points for employment? I basically want to avoid any kind of risk of delay in visa because DIAC was not able to communicate with my employers. My reference letters do not have direct contact information of the people who have signed them.

If I skip it, do I still need to fill my employment history in EOI?

·
Registered
275 Posts
You can totally skip claiming points for employment experience if you don't need them. I'm going to do the same thing.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Even if you don't claim points for experience, if they want to scrutinize you work history they will do it. Though you don't want to claim points for experience, you need to include it in your application. because ACS has positively assessed your skills based on your experience. Which makes mandatory for DIAC to Verify that.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Even if you don't claim points for experience, if they want to scrutinize you work history they will do it. Though you don't want to claim points for experience, you need to include it in your application. because ACS has positively assessed your skills based on your experience. Which makes mandatory for DIAC to Verify that.

you dont need to claim points for work experiencies,, i didnt too.

Also there is no need to include them in application, as you not claim this points to migrate....none of sb's BUSINESS!!

Reactions: dhawalswamy

·
Registered
151 Posts
I also didn't claim my points for employ. but did mention it in EOI as 'not related' experience except my last employment which i marked as 'related' but which was less than 3 years long. I did so on purpose in order to make sure that I have relevant experience but at the same time that they skip the stage of employment veerification.
Did it work ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts