Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Planning to apply for ACS assessment now (by April 1st 2012) for 176 visa. Wanted to know if its late for the process to start as per 2011 rules ? As the new rules will commence from July 2012, I am bit worried as to what changes will come into effect.
Could you please help me with any thoughts or Ideas.

Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi All,

Planning to apply for ACS assessment now (by April 1st 2012) for 176 visa. Wanted to know if its late for the process to start as per 2011 rules ? As the new rules will commence from July 2012, I am bit worried as to what changes will come into effect.
Could you please help me with any thoughts or Ideas.

Thanks
Hello,
Answer to your question depends on your skill code, states which offer SS for your skill code & IELTS.

ACS usually takes about 3 weeks to a month if all goes fine.

Each state has its own timeframe for approving the SS. So which State you wanna apply to also makes a difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for your reply.
My skill code will be 263213 : ICT Systems Test Engineer and I am not sure which state will offer the SS for my skill ?

Also I have five and half yrs of work exp in IT although my branch of Engg was Electronics. Is that an issue?

Thanks..

Hello,
Answer to your question depends on your skill code, states which offer SS for your skill code & IELTS.

ACS usually takes about 3 weeks to a month if all goes fine.

Each state has its own timeframe for approving the SS. So which State you wanna apply to also makes a difference.

·
Registered
556 Posts
rsrik said:
Thanks a lot for your reply.
My skill code will be 263213 : ICT Systems Test Engineer and I am not sure which state will offer the SS for my skill ?

Also I have five and half yrs of work exp in IT although my branch of Engg was Electronics. Is that an issue?

Thanks..
You have two options. One go with the code you have mentioned and apply for sponsorship to ACT and/or SA after ACS Assessment.

Or go with Skill Code Software Tester 26314 and apply for Victoria SS without a skill assessment.

You would need IELTS score of atleast 7 in each module to apply for the SS. Vic these days is taking a long time to reply but job opportunities are aplenty there. SA and ACT have less opportunities for ICT Professionals (atleast from what I have read on forums) but usually reply in around 4-6 weeks time.

Choice is yours. :)

ECE is fine and you don't need to take the RPL route for ACS assessment. Usually Min exp for SS is 3 years and since you have more than 5 years, you should be fine.

Btw, have you finished your IELTS exam?

If you have any more questions let us know. :)

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Registered
267 Posts
263213 (ICT Systems Test Engineer) is available in two states (check their website for details):
(1) ACT: Business Development - Skilled Migration

(2) SA: State sponsorship requirements: South Australia

SS can take around 2 months for both of them.

I think you have to go through RPL for ACS assessment as you don't have a degree in ICT and also you need at least 6 yrs of experience for that. please check their website.
https://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=skillassessment
(specially check "ICT Skills Assessment - Wizard Guide" and then "Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants" for detail)

Also there are people in this forum with degree in electronics and having IT experience, hope they can guide you. Please search this forum, definitely you will find similar cases as yours.

·
Registered
267 Posts
ECE is fine and you don't need to take the RPL route for ACS assessment.
Sorry, I was not aware of this. I thought Electronics Engg need to go through RPL.

·
Registered
556 Posts
saydur said:
Sorry, I was not aware of this. I thought Electronics Engg need to go through RPL.
Hi Saydur,
Fellow forum users have confirmed that ECE degree is considered ICT by ACS and you don't to go through RPL route for that. :)

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yes, even I am an Electronics and Communication degree holder and I went thro ACS only...not RPL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.