Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I am hopping for your reply Guys.

My Son 16.5 year of age has dependent visa 457 for next 3 years, He is studying year 12 HSC (Higher secondary school) in India. I am planning to bring him Australia for higher studies (bachelor degree) my question is he able to study with the dependent visa 457 or should I have to get student visa, please someone help me to find out.

Thanks in advance

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
457 visa dependents can study in Australia without the need for a student visa but they will have to pay international student fees.

·
Registered
19 Posts
PR and study in Australia

Hi there,

Please help with below queries.

1.Can a PR holder study in Australia for PG

2. How would be the fee structure? would it be like domestic/International student?

3. If domestic how much would be the approx. course fee for PG in Urban Planning?

4. Can I do part-time study for the above course along with working. ?

5. What would be the min. makrs/grade/percentage requirement for the above course?

6. Would there be any difference between Part-time/Full time study with respect to recognition and final PG certification across Australia?

7. Would my Part time study recognized one?

8. How would be the time- schedule for working students?

Thanks....

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Hi there, Please help with below queries. 1.Can a PR holder study in Australia for PG 2. How would be the fee structure? would it be like domestic/International student? 3. If domestic how much would be the approx. course fee for PG in Urban Planning? 4. Can I do part-time study for the above course along with working. ? 5. What would be the min. makrs/grade/percentage requirement for the above course? 6. Would there be any difference between Part-time/Full time study with respect to recognition and final PG certification across Australia? 7. Would my Part time study recognized one? 8. How would be the time- schedule for working students? Thanks....
1. Yes
2. PRs pay domestic fees.
3. Google is your friend.
4. Depends on the course.
5. Depends on the course.
6. No.
7. I don't understand the question.
8. Depends on the course. Usually evenings, maybe weekends, possibly some weekdays.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
1. Yes
2. Domestic
3. Depends on the school/course so you'd have to research who is offering the program and check with them
4. You'd need to ask the school
5. You'd need to ask the school
6. I doubt it, but perhaps ask the school
7. ???
8. You'd need to ask the school

1 - 7 of 7 Posts