Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it a risk to wait till November (for 65 ) - 2613xx ??

Hi All,

I am a 60 pointer under 2613xx category waiting since February 2016 due to more 65 points my place has been only in the queue. However , I will become a 65 pointer by November 1st 2017 with my experience gain.

I am currently an expat in Poland and have been turning down all most all offers here due to two reasons

1. If I am with same employer as per ACS assessment then points will automatically change with no hurdles.
2. I am married man now and I already have relatives(no blood relation) settled in Australia with good personal life which I want for my family as well.

Question:

Am I taking any risk here by turning down offers ? The reason I ask is last year I was living with hopes that 60 pointer would be invited but that got dashed. Will there be a major change for quota change in 2613xx and any hindrances for 65 pointers ?

P.S: I am preparing for bettering PTE.

Experience Split as per ACS

Company : AAAA
Role : XXXXX
Duration : 01/11/2012 - 01/07/2013

Company: BBBBB
Role:YYYYY
Duration: 08/07/2013 - 11/11/2013

Company : CCCCC
Role : ZZZZZ
Duration : 20/11/2013 - till date

November 2012 - November 2017 ( 5 years )

Regards,
Balaji K

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any experts please ?

·
Registered
25,755 Posts
Hi All,

I am a 60 pointer under 2613xx category waiting since February 2016 due to more 65 points my place has been only in the queue. However , I will become a 65 pointer by November 1st 2017 with my experience gain.

I am currently an expat in Poland and have been turning down all most all offers here due to two reasons

1. If I am with same employer as per ACS assessment then points will automatically change with no hurdles.
2. I am married man now and I already have relatives(no blood relation) settled in Australia with good personal life which I want for my family as well.

Question:

Am I taking any risk here by turning down offers ? The reason I ask is last year I was living with hopes that 60 pointer would be invited but that got dashed. Will there be a major change for quota change in 2613xx and any hindrances for 65 pointers ?

Regards,
Balaji K
Even if you become a 65 pointer in November, you will not get an invite immediately

You will still be in the queue as not all 65 pointers are called but only a few based on seniority of the DOE, and so you may have to wait till Jan/Feb 2018 most likely to get an invite.

This is based on this years data and increased number of applicants due to 457 rules change, but how it will actually pans out remains to be seen . We can at this point only make wild guesses

The new policy also will be out by mid June and may give a clearer picture
Wait till Mid June and see the new policy for 2018 and then take a call

Cheers

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All,

Question:

Regards,
Balaji K
Even if you become a 65 pointer in November, you will not get an invite immediately

You will still be in the queue as not all 65 pointers are called but only a few based on seniority of the DOE, and so you may have to wait till Jan/Feb 2018 most likely to get an invite.

This is based on this years data and increased number of applicants due to 457 rules change, but how it will actually pans out remains to be seen . We can at this point only make wild guesses

The new policy also will be out by mid June and may give a clearer picture
Wait till Mid June and see the new policy for 2018 and then take a call

Cheers
A new policy is expected in mid June?

Usually it's just the quota that gets released right?

Regards,
Balaji K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.