Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just a quick question for a friend, please.

After a settlement visa is granted, how many days can one have before travelling to the UK?
Would you please send the link to any official site that speaks about this?

Thank you

·
Registered
81 Posts
They just made changes based on application dates that go into effect may 31. If you apply before May 31, you will get a passport visa stamp good for 33 months, you can enter any time in there, after May 31 you get a 30 day entry stamp in the passport and have to enter within 30 days of the effective visa date. Then you collect your permit card at a post office near your given address within 10 days or arrival. You can ask for them to grant it for the travel date you'd prefer, up to 3 months ahead. There's a sticky post about it BRP is in the subject line.

Reactions: HazemAH

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry that date was based on USA rollout but in that other thread there is more concise information.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much.

does the 30 days apply to my case if I have applied for the visa after 31 May or is it if the Visa was granted after 31 May?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My friend applied on 04-March-2015 from Turkey.

Would that mean 90 days window? Or 30 days?

I do not know about what the visa says. What shall I tell him about that?

Thank you for your help

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
If the visa has a valid from date and a valid to date then he can enter anytime between those dates but it's in his best interest to enter with at least 30 months left on the visa to avoid having to extend FLR (M) an extra time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much nyclon.

Would you please refer me to any official website which shows this? Not for any reason other than my friend has to show it to his boss to arrange for the time of travel.

Thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because his boss needs him within a project they are working on at the moment.

My friend wants to sound as nice as he could to his boss before he leaves. So he would like to show the boss that this is the maximum amount of time I can spend on the project according to the UK immigration rules (here is where he needs the official reference).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.