Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Hi,

I have a question. I wish to claim points for my wife's education, to apply for NZ PR. Her UG and PG qualifications are recognized and exempt from assessment as per Appendix 3 - List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment. Also, the medium of instruction was English for these courses. Does she need to still get an IELTS band of 6.5 (overall)?

Thanks
Hi there
My understanding is that in order to claim her points then she must have the basic IELTS score.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in same situation

Hi Karan,

Currently I am in the same situation and have same question as you have posted.
After searching a lot in google, still I am unclear on this.

Kindly share your experience as I see the post is of last year. Meantime you would have got the answer.

Thanking you,
Abhijit

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
Hi,

One can only claim bonus points for a partner's education/qualification if that person satisfy's the same standard of the English Language Requirement as the Principal Applicant....
i.e. they must have IELTS minimum pass mark of 6.5 or be able to prove they satisfy the English Language requirement another way just as the Principal Applicant would.

Regards,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks a lot for your quick response.
Understood but have one more query -

I have a letter from university that my spouse has studied
in English medium, still ielts score of 6.5 band require or this proof will be enough.?

Regards,
Abhijit

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
Thanks a lot for your quick response.
Understood but have one more query -

I have a letter from university that my spouse has studied
in English medium, still ielts score of 6.5 band require or this proof will be enough.?

Regards,
Abhijit
Assuming the letter is on University headed paper, signed by the University pricipal and states that your spouse course was taught entirely in English then she will not need IELTS as the letter is enough to satisfy the English Language requirement.

Regards,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi IELST requirement

Hi Karan,

Currently I am in the same situation and have same question as you have posted.
After searching a lot in google, still I am unclear on this.

Kindly share your experience as I see the post is of last year. Meantime you would have got the answer.

Thanking you,
Abhijit
Hi ,
dear can you pls update what was outcome of your application where you spouse did not gave 6.5 IELTS score, as in my case my spouse has 6 overall in ILETS and I have send university English proficiency certificate s well.
you response will be much appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi alichauhdry

Have u already applied for NZ PR visa? What's your current status? Did they accept university English proficiency certificate? I'm also in same situation. My wife doesn't have 6.5 in IELTS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is Question resolved... any one have I idea, if me and my spouse has certificate for course taught in English... Do I need to prove ILETS Score for me or wife? or none?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts