Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am new here but is it me or everyone is more interested in what you drive and what you have then you as a person?

What is wrong with BMW? Bus Metro Walk!:D

Just for fun any similar experiences?:)

cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
there is a complete partition between what western expat workers earn and what others around the world earn in dubai

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
(1) Weather and (2) cheap petrol.
1 -> It is too hot to even walk for 5 mins for about 5 months a year.
2 -> It is cheaper for me to drive the 22 km to my office in my car than to take the metro (just counting the toll + petrol cost). And it is a much faster way to reach my office.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
So.... what do you drive?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hi All,

I am new here but is it me or everyone is more interested in what you drive and what you have then you as a person?
Spot on! People can be incredibly shallow here. Nothing wrong with public transport. Why bother driving if you do not enjoy driving ? some expats forget about this. Do not forget about Montreal subway ever!!!!!!

By all means don't u dare having a poutine too it is too hot!

Nothing wrong. It is good and cheap with the monthly passes. If you live close to the subway why not ? Although gas is dirty cheap goes for 60 cents US a litre not like 1.8 bucks in montreal now I guess.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Pretty obviously the golddigger comes where the gold is ;-)

One thing that really amused me the first time I came in Dubai for a business trip, was the quantity of "entertainment professionals" readily available around here.

Hi All,

Just for fun any similar experiences?:)

cheers!

·
Registered
607 Posts
You've got to laugh at all the wannabes talking about which cars they drive. I mean, who actually drives themselves? I wouldn't be seen dead in the front seat of a car.
Yeah, I have a fleet of beige Nissans and I have a different driver every time...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You've got to laugh at all the wannabes talking about which cars they drive. I mean, who actually drives themselves? I wouldn't be seen dead in the front seat of a car.
One of the UAE phenomenons seeing people drive themselves around in their Rolls. Till I came here it was always my understanding if you can afford a Rolls you have someone else drive you it.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Jinxy drives a ...

Fix Or Repair Daily

sometimes she drives a

Found On the Road Dead
Ari drives a very tiny car that most women assume only gay men drive... a porsche. He didnt want to be bothered by the golddiggers and it worked!

Reactions: ccr and pamela0810

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ari drives a very tiny car that most women assume only gay men drive... a porsche. He didnt want to be bothered by the golddiggers and it worked!
Yep most "women" ... BUT.. .you wouldnt know anything about that ... wouldja ... wouldja... ;) Jynx in real life is a dude that dresses like a chick with gigantic "peace-makers" :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am just getting my driver's license. Wanna go for a Dodge charger or challenger :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.