Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! In your opinion, do you think Australia is the best country in the world to live? It has 10685 beaches, lots of job opportunities, high salaries, great weather and friendly people. When you compare with Asia, Europe or the USA, Australia seems more stable and peaceful. Is Australia a dream come true, or do you think it's a bit exaggerated? Do you think there are better places in the world? I'm curious to hear people's opinions!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi! In your opinion, do you think Australia is the best country in the world to live? It has 10685 beaches, lots of job opportunities, high salaries, great weather and friendly people. When you compare with Asia, Europe or the USA, Australia seems more stable and peaceful. Is Australia a dream come true, or do you think it's a bit exaggerated? Do you think there are better places in the world? I'm curious to hear people's opinions!
-
I hope this link will help you
Top 10 Best Countries to live in

·
Registered
7 Posts
Australia is one of the best country to live in

-
I hope this link will help you
Top 10 Best Countries to live in
Wow, thanks for the info! So, according to this article we can be sure Australia is one of the best countries to live in. But anyway, what about all these poisonous snakes :drama: wild animals?? Maybe that's a stereotype, but it's interesting to know is it comfortable to get on with the animal world. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Wow, thanks for the info! So, according to this article we can be sure Australia is one of the best countries to live in. But anyway, what about all these poisonous snakes :drama: wild animals?? Maybe that's a stereotype, but it's interesting to know is it comfortable to get on with the animal world. :)
-
Yes, wild creatures are an issue. My brother lives in Sydney & he saw a big spider while driving his car. He quickly take nearby parking and open windows so it can get off the car😂😂 So yea that's an issue, I would say

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Man is the most dangerous animal.

Frankly, I am more worried about the home invasions and murders here than Taipan/Tarantula.

Reactions: ankitgoel10

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my opinion no, there are better places to live than here.

Everything is so expensive here, is hard to get a rental place and depending where you live employment. I was born here, but as an American and Australian citizen I much prefer America. Find there are more opportunities there and the people seem to be nicer.

But is up to you and what you like.

·
Registered
72 Posts
In my opinion no, there are better places to live than here.

Everything is so expensive here, is hard to get a rental place and depending where you live employment. I was born here, but as an American and Australian citizen I much prefer America. Find there are more opportunities there and the people seem to be nicer.

But is up to you and what you like.
Americans nicer than Australians? Well, that will be the first time I hear such thing.
Never been to USA so I cannot express my poi but still ..

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Americans nicer than Australians? Well, that will be the first time I hear such thing.
Never been to USA so I cannot express my poi but still ..

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using Tapatalk
Sure I couldn't agree more! In my standpoint and based on what I have experienced, top 10 best countries to live is absolutely not containing America. Australia and Scandinavian nations are undeniably far better, not only in this Trump time, even before that. Anyway, that's good to know someone leaving Oz, more chances for job seekers lolz.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It's a tough question. Whilst I would probably say 'yes' living away from Australia has made me realise that there are just somethings that Australia is spectacularly bad at.

Internet for one thing, I mean checking the telstra site comes as quite a shock. Data caps? Plus it's really expensive. The NBN farce.
No thanks, I can't go back to that primitive system. To be able to say that Spain has better internet than Australia is genuinely amazing.

Infrastructure kind of sucks too depending on where you are. Sure it's a big country but the luxury of affordable rail travel all across Europe really shows just how poor it is.

The housing market is ridiculous as well, largely unaffordable or you are locked into a mortgage for the best part of your life. Rents are high etc...

Cost of living too, what is the point of having high wages if you have to spent it all to live.

However that doesn't mean that places who have all that are better than Australia , they all have downsides too.
It's a highly subjective question and one in which I am biased but the time away has made me think about Australia differently so yes, the material Australia is somewhat lacking, at least lacking enough to keep us from moving back right now that is.
But the holistic Australia, the people, the land, the animals, plants, opportunity, lifestyle, place to raise kids and so much more of what is actually important in life, in my opinion at least is unparalleled and from my travels nowhere yet has come close to that.

But for now, the better chance to get ahead is elsewhere which will hopefully give us the chance to enjoy Australia once again on our terms and not with the "Live to work" mentality that it would take at the moment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
for living , raising a family and as a place to retire, its a great place. Getting a good job, high pay and job security is quite a whole new thing here. Good luck to finding a job here when you arrive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts