Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have Skilled independent 175 visa for Australia and wanted to know whether I can apply for jobs in NZ?

If I manage to secure a job in NZ then can I enter NZ with the Australian Visa?

would appreciate your inputs.

Regards,
Royen

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hi,

I have Skilled independent 175 visa for Australia and wanted to know whether I can apply for jobs in NZ?

Regards,
Royen
yes with aussie PR u can work in NZ(not the other way around:D)....u can search for this as it has been discussed in this forum in detail...

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yes, AU PR may live and work in NZ.
and before anyone else asks:
NZ PR cannot live and work in AU

AU Citizens and NZ Citizens may live and work in AU and NZ.

Do a search on Trans Tasman Travel Authority in the forum and also online (Google). It would explain things in more detail.

Hi,

Regards,
Royen

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,

Regards,
Royen
Yes you can, however you still have to spend 2 years in Australia to get a RRV and 4 years to get citizenship. Time spent in NZ will not be considered for the above purposes, you can apply for NZ citizenship if you live in NZ for 5 years.

Reactions: vthomas

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you can, however you still have to spend 2 years in Australia to get a RRV and 4 years to get citizenship. Time spent in NZ will not be considered for the above purposes, you can apply for NZ citizenship if you live in NZ for 5 years.
Thank you very much for your responses. I got it clear now. I still have the doubt on RRV. I presume that if you are an Australian PR then you wont require an RRV for the validity of the initial PR visa(that is 5 years).
Am I correct?

And should I do the initial entry stamping in Australia before entering NZ or I can do the initial entry stamping later?

Appreciate your comments.

Regards,
Royen

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thank you very much for your responses. I got it clear now. I still have the doubt on RRV. I presume that if you are an Australian PR then you wont require an RRV for the validity of the initial PR visa(that is 5 years).
Am I correct?

And should I do the initial entry stamping in Australia before entering NZ or I can do the initial entry stamping later?

Appreciate your comments.

Regards,
Royen
Your initial visa is valid for 5 years from the date of issue, if you wish to travel to and from Australia after 5 years you should either have an Australian passport or a RRV. In order to get a RRV you have to show DIAC that you have lived in Australia for 2/5 years, your NZ stay will not be counted towards the same.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spot On! Thank you Bannie, Amaslam, Pankaj for getting my queries resolved. I was wondering about the medical/healthcare facilities provided by NZ govt.

Would I be eligible for that or have to take a private insurance?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Spot On! Thank you Bannie, Amaslam, Pankaj for getting my queries resolved. I was wondering about the medical/healthcare facilities provided by NZ govt.

Would I be eligible for that or have to take a private insurance?
no idea mate....let others reply on this....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hello all, is the information provided in this thread still correct ?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts