Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

I am planning for a month visit to Auckland for job hunt. I'm into ICT Security Domain with 9 years experience.

Not sure when is the ideal time period. Can someone give some insights on this?

Also regarding accommodation, I have looked at some of the Airbnb rooms in and around Auckland for 1200 NZD range for a month. Is Airbnb ok.? Welcome your any other suggestions.

Thanks.

-Jana

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Hello Friends,

I am planning for a month visit to Auckland for job hunt. I'm into ICT Security Domain with 9 years experience.

Not sure when is the ideal time period. Can someone give some insights on this?

Also regarding accommodation, I have looked at some of the Airbnb rooms in and around Auckland for 1200 NZD range for a month. Is Airbnb ok.? Welcome your any other suggestions.

Thanks.

-Jana
Yes August is fine to job hunt in Auckland although it is still Winter. Maybe late September / October would be better as NZ is then in to Spring and everyone is much happier ;) and companies are looking to fill any vacancies before Christmas.
December and January are the months not to come as it's summer holidays for school so many companies go to a skeleton crew and shut down over Christmas and New Year.

Airbnb is fine in NZ.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes August is fine to job hunt in Auckland although it is still Winter. Maybe late September / October would be better as NZ is then in to Spring and everyone is much happier ;) and companies are looking to fill any vacancies before Christmas.
December and January are the months not to come as it's summer holidays for school so many companies go to a skeleton crew and shut down over Christmas and New Year.

Airbnb is fine in NZ.
Thanks mate :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts