Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum,

We (me and my wife) are considering filing for 189. Both of us are in IT field with me having 9 years experience and wife with 8 years experience.

I have a B.E. Mechanical engineering degree and hence we are going to file making my wife primary applicant since she has an MCS degree.

My questions are -

1. Is is necessary for me to get my skills and qualifications certified through ACS even though I am a dependent applicant ?
2. I am assuming that 189 PR grants me work rights anywhere in Australia. Will it require me to have ACS certification ?
3. Both of us have competent IELTS (7 avg) scores so will that be enough ?

I am asking this since I know that I will require to go through the RPL route. So if only getting my wife's qualifications and experience accessed is going to suffice, we can proceed quickly.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Please see my comments inline....

Hello Forum,

We (me and my wife) are considering filing for 189. Both of us are in IT field with me having 9 years experience and wife with 8 years experience.

I have a B.E. Mechanical engineering degree and hence we are going to file making my wife primary applicant since she has an MCS degree.

[JEET] - In which field has your Wife completed her Bachelors Degree?

Bachelor Degree:

To receive 15 points for having at least a Bachelor degree, you must have met the requirements for an award of Bachelor degree by an Australian educational institution or your qualification must be considered as at least comparable to a Bachelor level at Australian standards.

Note: To receive 15 points for a Masters degree, you must also have a Bachelor degree completed in Australia or overseas, or the Masters degree must be considered as at least comparable to Bachelor degree level at Australian standards.

My questions are -

1. Is is necessary for me to get my skills and qualifications certified through ACS even though I am a dependent applicant ?

[JEET] - IF you are claiming Partner Skills Points THEN both of you have to go for ACS Skills Assessment along-with other Criteria.

Partner skills:

You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

• were under 50 years of age
  • had at least competent English
  • had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.

2. I am assuming that 189 PR grants me work rights anywhere in Australia. Will it require me to have ACS certification ?

[JEET] - You would have equal Work rights as Primary Applicant. ACS won't be required IF you aren't claiming Partner Skills Points

3. Both of us have competent IELTS (7 avg) scores so will that be enough ?

[JEET] - ALL depends on your Total points. IF you are getting 60 points THEN avg 7 would do. REFER to the attached sheet to calculate your TOTAL points as of Today.

I am asking this since I know that I will require to go through the RPL route. So if only getting my wife's qualifications and experience accessed is going to suffice, we can proceed quickly.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jeetandra,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My wife completed her BCS and then did MCS, both from Pune University.

Thanks for the sheet. As of today, our total points are 65.

Age - 25 (33-39)
English language - 10 (7 IELTS)
Experience - 15 (8 years)
Education - 15

I am not sure about the experience part - is it the total experience in IT that you really have or it is the one provided by ACS ? ACS will cut off 2 years so that will reduce the points.

Thanks and regards,
--
Ashadh

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Does She have 7 in each skills in IELTS?

* ONLY then she would be able to claim 10 points for English Language.

ACS will cut her 2 years of experience in-order to meet the suitability criteria.

THEN all relevant work experience completed after the “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

Current Points Total: 60 Points ??

Age - 25 (33-39)
English language - 10 (7 IELTS) - (awaiting your confirmation??)
Experience - 10 (At least five but less than eight years (of past 10 years))
Education - 15

Hey Jeetandra,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My wife completed her BCS and then did MCS, both from Pune University.

Thanks for the sheet. As of today, our total points are 65.

Age - 25 (33-39)
English language - 10 (7 IELTS)
Experience - 15 (8 years)
Education - 15

I am not sure about the experience part - is it the total experience in IT that you really have or it is the one provided by ACS ? ACS will cut off 2 years so that will reduce the points.

Thanks and regards,
--
Ashadh

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do have a question relating to the partner skills....can we submit the EOI now, and then update it with partner skills later after getting the wife's skills assessment done by ACS??

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Yes you can do that.

You may keep on updating your EOI until you get INVITED. As AFTER you are INVITED your EOI is freezed.

I do have a question relating to the partner skills....can we submit the EOI now, and then update it with partner skills later after getting the wife's skills assessment done by ACS??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts