Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am considering moving to Australia but am a bit unsure on two things and I would really appreciate some help on them. Can someone help me with the information on -
* if MBA Degree in Finance (regular from ICFAI- Hyderabad, India) is recognized as a degree in Australia or do we need to be a Chartered Accountant to pursue a finance career.
* While checking my eligibility I am getting a score of 60. I have been told that though the cut is 60, one needs to be at a minimum of 65 to get an invite, is that correct?

Looking forward to some help so I may have a better understanding on my real chances of moving down under.

Thank you
Abhishek

·
Registered
194 Posts
1. MBA finance might be equivalent to a graduation degree. You would need to have your qualifications assessed and see.

2. Current scenario for accountants:

60 points: No invite for the foreseeable future
65 points: No invite for this FY. Maybe end of of next FY if situation changes.
70 lodged right now: Same as above
75: you'd get an invite in the coming round.

70 pointers have a huge backlog. 65 pointers aren't even expecting an invite these days.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Read through the thread named 'EOI submitted accountants' and you'll understand what the situation is.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi,
I am considering moving to Australia but am a bit unsure on two things and I would really appreciate some help on them. Can someone help me with the information on -
* if MBA Degree in Finance (regular from ICFAI- Hyderabad, India) is recognized as a degree in Australia or do we need to be a Chartered Accountant to pursue a finance career.
* While checking my eligibility I am getting a score of 60. I have been told that though the cut is 60, one needs to be at a minimum of 65 to get an invite, is that correct?

Looking forward to some help so I may have a better understanding on my real chances of moving down under.

Thank you
Abhishek
If you get assessed as Accounting or Auditors, forget about 60, even with 70 you will have hard time.

If neither of those, then maybe something in STSOL and that means 190 visa and that is entirely dependent on state and as far as I know most state for finance occupation requires really high mark.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you get assessed as Accounting or Auditors, forget about 60, even with 70 you will have hard time.

If neither of those, then maybe something in STSOL and that means 190 visa and that is entirely dependent on state and as far as I know most state for finance occupation requires really high mark.
Hi,
When we get our qualifications assessed, can we apply for more than one position?
I am a finance manager but that position is not currently open, my qualifications also match closely to a Management Accountant, can I apply to get my qualifications assessed for both positions.

Appreciate some help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
When we get our qualifications assessed, can we apply for more than one position?
I am a finance manager but that position is not currently open, my qualifications also match closely to a Management Accountant, can I apply to get my qualifications assessed for both positions.

Appreciate some help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm not sure about that however when you get your qualifications assessed, it is against a specified profession/anzsco code. IMO, you would have to get your qualifications assessed twice if you want to apply for both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts