Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Very basic query:

If a person gets the VISA under 189 (Software Engr.), will he be eligible for a job, which falls in any other category?
for example: Test Engr. (190) or any other..

Please reply soon, its urgent...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi All,

Very basic query:

If a person gets the VISA under 189 (Software Engr.), will he be eligible for a job, which falls in any other category?

Indeed eligible.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Actually you are free to open your own business as well and work anywhere you want.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much...

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi All,

Very basic query:

Hi Buddy!

Visa certainly makes you to be eligible to stay in a region or across aussy based on the visa you are holding(190 or 189). Following the grant of visa, you can even work as a chef in a five start hotel with hige wages, although your occupation is telecom engineer for instance (ha ha ha).

DIAC won't look what are you doing after giving you the visa and hence you can roam around the streets of Aus.

HAPPY ROAMING!

ALL THE BEST!

SATHIYA

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
You could work at Macca's if you wanted let alone another job category - DIAC doesn't really care what happens after you move here. As others have said, you could even open your own business.

The only work restriction is on federal government (Commonwealth) jobs, which are generally open to citizens only.

In the end, I ended up working in a different role from the one I had initially nominated (although it is related). It worked out better for me because I realised pretty quickly that I didn't want to work in my original role anymore! (At least not here.) And no, I don't work in IT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts