Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from Czech republic and I got job offer in Dubai.They offered me 5000USD = cca 18000AED/Month. I am C# NET developer with 2,5 years of experience in desktop/web applications. Is it good salary? Should I ask for more? Thankx for any advice.

·
Banned
423 Posts
Your employer often gives you interest free loans, failing that negotiate up to 12 checks.

Always ask for more, start at 27 and accept 22. Life is one long negotiation...

Save a quarter? Depends on your lifestyle.

·
Banned
423 Posts
Should I ask for benefits like this?
a return ticket home
medical and dental cover
accommodation
end of service gratuity payments

Is it common?
Yes to all of those, 1,2 and 4 are mandatory (apart from dental) anyway. You could accept the 18 and say that the above are obviously in addition. Then add 10k, negotiate from there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Your on a different point, I said I was not sure if it was mandatory to be provided by a company, the important part in negotiating is knowing the facts and building your case around them, saying you want healthcare because it's mandatory if it's not just devalues your whole case! What else are you guessing at and chancing your arm with!

·
Banned
423 Posts
Your on a different point, I said I was not sure if it was mandatory to be provided by a company, the important part in negotiating is knowing the facts and building your case around them, saying you want healthcare because it's mandatory if it's not just devalues your whole case! What else are you guessing at and chancing your arm with!
Fair comment.

·
Registered
97 Posts
18K is enough for a single guy, and common for your age and experience. This is a cost calculator: link. It does not sound like you actually got the offer, because I never heard of an offer that would not clearly list all the allowances.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.