1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I give in lets start a doom and gloom list

Things I DONT like about Spain

I will start , Again !

Spanish paper work -- hate it always something missing !!

Next please

Cheers Tony

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Ok I give in lets start a doom and gloom list

Things I DONT like about Spain

I will start , Again !

Spanish paper work -- hate it always something missing !!

Next please

Cheers Tony
lol, I used to find those stupid road bumps/sleeping policemen/traffic calming metal bars across the road really irritating and the lack of catseyes.

Jo xxx

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, I used to find those stupid road bumps/sleeping policemen/traffic calming metal bars across the road really irritating and the lack of catseyes.

Jo xxx
Well done Jo

Keep them coming

How about the signs that say Carrafour 5 mins and an arrow pointing in a general direction

And half an hour later you still cant find it !!

Tony

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Well done Jo

Keep them coming

How about the signs that say Carrafour 5 mins and an arrow pointing in a general direction

And half an hour later you still cant find it !!

Tony
yes directional road signs were always a bit hit and miss - especially with my sense of direction lol

Jo xxx

·
Registered
378 Posts
:rofl:Where do I start lol .

Having to have ID and driving licence with you at all times or risk a hefty fine:frusty:.

Regularly queuing for half an hour or more at the Post Office just to do a simple thing or pick up something:frusty:.

Having my mortgage with a bank which applies the "clauso suelo" and robs me of hundreds of euros a month in excess interest charges:frusty:.

Double/inconsiderate parking :frusty:.

Better leave some for others. Bit gloomy there:eyebrows:.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Community of Owners AGM.

We had ours yesterday and our administrator kept telling us things that are not true and a president that thinks the sun shines out of his ... and who has enough proxy votes to outvote everyone else.

·
Registered
15,941 Posts
Litter, dog crap and graffiti, which make a beautiful country less beautiful than it could be.
I saw far more of all that in the UK when I had to walk through a "park" on the way to work - discarded needles and condoms too. :eek: At least here everything gets cleaned up before I've even had my breakfast.

Some "irritating little things" of my own:

• Too many dogs, especially tiny yappy ones.
  • All the council staff go to breakfast at the same time so there's no-one in the office between 10.00 and 10.45.
  • Speed cameras where you don't need them and none where you do.
  • Televisions in bars left on at full volume when nobody's watching.
  • Cristiano Ronaldo.

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
I get annoyed when asked to list my 'likes' and 'dislikes' about Spain. Too busy enjoying my life to give such things a moment's thought.
It reminds me of those Women's Own type questionnaires....'What are your husband's irritating habits?', that kind of thing.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
I saw far more of all that in the UK when I had to walk through a "park" on the way to work - discarded needles and condoms too. :eek: At least here everything gets cleaned up before I've even had my breakfast.

Some "irritating little things" of my own:

• Too many dogs, especially tiny yappy ones.
  • All the council staff go to breakfast at the same time so there's no-one in the office between 10.00 and 10.45.
  • Speed cameras where you don't need them and none where you do.
  • Televisions in bars left on at full volume when nobody's watching.
  • Cristiano Ronaldo.
They had to put up with Cristiano Ronaldo in the UK for quite a while too, I know because he played for Man U. Big spoilt baby who thinks he's god's gift.

·
Registered
19,454 Posts
I dislike living in Spain for coming up to 30 years, writing posts on a forum about foreigners living in Spain and being considered negative, pessimistic and a manic depressive for merely writing about things I see and live!

Obviously I am very happy with life here, otherwise I wouldn't have stayed so long, but one thing that I cannot reconcile myself to is the amount of money I have to pay to be self employed at 265€ a month.

·
Registered
15,941 Posts
I get annoyed when asked to list my 'likes' and 'dislikes' about Spain. Too busy enjoying my life to give such things a moment's thought.
It reminds me of those Women's Own type questionnaires....'What are your husband's irritating habits?', that kind of thing.
They are fun though. I like to see what other people get annoyed about.

1 - 20 of 252 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.