Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
My name is Paul and I am a 24 year old Irish primary school teacher in the UAE. I am not a qulaified teacher however, I have a degree in Economics and Sociology from Ireland.

On the 3rd of March coming, my 12 month working holiday visa for Australia will expire but I am desperate to return. I loved my 6 months there and cannot stop thinking about it. I have found it almost impossible to get a straight answer form the Oz immigration people, but is it at all possible to return at a future date to work? I'm not sure if I can ever get another working holiday visa, eventhough I'd much rather a longer stay than a year.

Has anyone any advice for me? Any previous experience in this matter? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Paul.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You'll need to apply for a PR visa at some point and processing can take upto (3) yrs if you do not have anything that allows for Priority Processing. Employee Sponsorship has the highest priority so if you can get a job offer in AU and sponsor then your processing can be a few months.

Look into the 175 and 176 visas for PR. And do the points test at immi.gov.au to see that you can meet these requirements.

Immi can't give advice (legal issues) so they point you to existing online docs. If you want advice you need to contact a migration agent.

Hello.
My name is Paul and I am a 24 year old Irish primary school teacher in the UAE. I am not a qulaified teacher however, I have a degree in Economics and Sociology from Ireland.

On the 3rd of March coming, my 12 month working holiday visa for Australia will expire but I am desperate to return. I loved my 6 months there and cannot stop thinking about it. I have found it almost impossible to get a straight answer form the Oz immigration people, but is it at all possible to return at a future date to work? I'm not sure if I can ever get another working holiday visa, eventhough I'd much rather a longer stay than a year.

Has anyone any advice for me? Any previous experience in this matter? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Paul.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Paul,

I too am looking to move to Australia from Oman, as an Irish person moving there maybe you can help me out. I applied for a working visa 2 years ago but was offered a fab position here that I didnt want to turn now. However the time has come that I now defo want to go there.

What is the visa process application - can i re-apply for a working visa? looks like you are trying to do the same. Also, how strict are they with visas? ie can you free lance or do you need a semi permanent position? am a secondary school teacher so looking for maybe some temping positions rather than full time.

Be great to hear from ya.

Skippy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like we are in the same boat alright. Prob our only home is to get a job offer from Australia. Do you know someone there who has a company or maybe even decent job prospects.I work for a SABIS school so Im not a qualified teacher, I just have a degree.

Decisions decisions!! I loved it there and would give anything to head back. So with a bit of determination I'm sure something will come of it. Keppp me posted on how you are getting on and vice versa.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I too am looking to move to Australia from Oman, as an Irish person moving there maybe you can help me out. I applied for a working visa 2 years ago but was offered a fab position here that I didnt want to turn now. However the time has come that I now defo want to go there.

What is the visa process application - can i re-apply for a working visa? looks like you are trying to do the same. Also, how strict are they with visas? ie can you free lance or do you need a semi permanent position? am a secondary school teacher so looking for maybe some temping positions rather than full time.

Be great to hear from ya.

Skippy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts