Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, for those Irish living in or moving to Brisbane.. I've set up a group on facebook you might be interested in.. ([Moderator removed search terms since taking members away from this site]). It's mainly for Irish mums & dads in or moving to Brisbane (gold and sunshine coasts welcome as well).. I'm trying to get as many Irish families together for a st paddy's day bbq somewhere in brissie so feel free to join up and we can discuss what people might like to do.

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Murray it's nice to see you want to meet up with people for St Patricks day but why not use this forum for contacting them? You could set up a sticky for people who want to join in the fun and to discuss what and where the bbq would be .. I don't think we can accept people saying lets go to so and so bar on such a street as they sell guiness at $no dollars a pint, this would just be advertising the bar, but I can see no reason you can't discuss meeting up in here.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Murray,

I removed your search terms since as MaidenScotland said you can arrange meetings on this forum.

It also seems a bit 'spammy' for your first post to ask members to go to another website for a meeting. I realise this could be a genuine mistake so please check the forum rules so you don't break any of them.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Murray it's nice to see you want to meet up with people for St Patricks day but why not use this forum for contacting them? You could set up a sticky for people who want to join in the fun and to discuss what and where the bbq would be .. I don't think we can accept people saying lets go to so and so bar on such a street as they sell guiness at $no dollars a pint, this would just be advertising the bar, but I can see no reason you can't discuss meeting up in here.
well facebook is way more popular and easier to use.. you can post photos, events and such like so it's more suited to an event rather than a thread as if you use a thread you have to read the whole thing to get the jist of it.. and keep posting stickys to update people..I've personally found everybody has a facebook account so it works out really well.

re the bar.. well I'm not thinking we go to a bar of any kind.. it's a bbq picnic style thing for people with families not singletons really.. I've just found that families (women in particular with young children) find it hard to settle when they move over so it's aimed more at them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Murray,

I removed your search terms since as MaidenScotland said you can arrange meetings on this forum.

It also seems a bit 'spammy' for your first post to ask members to go to another website for a meeting. I realise this could be a genuine mistake so please check the forum rules so you don't break any of them.

Regards,
Karen
most people have facebook accounts.. i'm met lots of people on this site and on other expat sites and we often move around.. i didn't post a link to facebook so didn't think that mentioning it was a problem?

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
most people have facebook accounts.. i'm met lots of people on this site and on other expat sites and we often move around.. i didn't post a link to facebook so didn't think that mentioning it was a problem?
Telling people how to find your page is the same as posting a link :) which is why I removed it.

If you check your user CP you'll find that you can post pictures on this forum and create social groups under the networking section (and you have your own forum area in that group). Since everyone on this forum already has an account it makes sense for everyone to do that networking here and don't assume that everyone has a facebook account since I still have a lot of friends that aren't on facebook (in Australia and the UK).

If you're not sure how to use the site click on the 'contact us' at the bottom of every page and ask your questions and the site owner will reply.

Regards,
Karen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.