Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm moving to Montpellier in three weeks for financial reasons and am currently searching for employment. I have fairly fluent French, and I'd be happy to take any post (I'd be lucky to find any post), but I would ideally like to work in an Irish pub/café/restaurant/bookshop/anything-like-that and I was wondering if anybody would know of anything like this? I would be interested in other english-language businesses (or english-themed businesses: american restaurants, english bars etc.)

I'm already aware of Le bookshop, Fitzgeralds and O'Carolan's. Are there any others?
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey man,

IN terms of irish or british bars you have got: fitzpatricks (the best and most wlel known), o'carolans, the robin hood, shakespeares and the irish corner. I think thats all the british pubs that we have got here.

There is also an auzzie pub called uluru (i think) and a restaurant called le vert anglais...but i am not certain that it is actually english. Le bookshop rings a bell, and also there is a britsh corner shop somewhere in the centre.

These are super popular bars to work in so you gotta be quick with CVs! And beware that managers may not neccesarily be looking for male staff :(

bonne chance, i might even see you when you drop a cv into the fitz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a million for your help.
This was really helpful. Luckily, my first choice got back to me and I'll be meeting the manager Wednesday for a trial (at the Fitz!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.