Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
I have a query regarding my wife IQA , I have received ITA and I claimed my partner qualification points in EOI. Now I am filling IQA for her but she does not have any work experience only Master’s degree in Finance. Now my question is, Is it mandatory to provide work experience for partner's degree qualification for IQA assessment?
Highly appreciate your answers.

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Dear All,
I have a query regarding my wife IQA , I have received ITA and I claimed my partner qualification points in EOI. Now I am filling IQA for her but she does not have any work experience only Master’s degree in Finance. Now my question is, Is it mandatory to provide work experience for partner's degree qualification for IQA assessment?
Highly appreciate your answers.
The IQA assessment asks for work experience evidence but if she hasn't got any then you will be unable to provide it.

In my opinion it shouldn't make any difference to the outcome of the assessment as it's the qualification that is being assessed not the experience but having the experience may mean the difference in the qualification being assessed at the desired level or not.

Nothing you can do about it.
You've already made the claim on the EOI so all you can do is hope you get the desired result through IQA assessment.

I am assuming you have already had PAR assessment of yours and partners qualifications for the EOI ? This is the minimum mandatory assessment for non-recognised qualifications prior to submission of EOI.

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
Thanks for your reply yes her PAR has done and she got level 7.
Hmm not good for a Masters degree - I'd assume you would have been looking for Level 9, however Level 7 is sufficient to claim the 20 partner points assuming she meets the English language requirement.
I've never heard IQA assessment being completed with an equivalent level lower than that already given at PAR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts