Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently got PR in Australia. In my visa grant letter there is a reference of IOM ( International Organization for Migration) Australia. They would help migrant for -

1. special reduced one-way economy fare,
2. more generous baggage allowance

I have contacted with IOM Australia and they asked me to talk with local office of IOM.

Anyone received IOM assisted travel in Australia?...How it differ from normal travel for migrant?

Thanks in advance.

Jahangir.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Jahangir,

I don't remember hearing about them before so let us know how you get on if you contact them.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I recently got PR in Australia. In my visa grant letter there is a reference of IOM ( International Organization for Migration) Australia. They would help migrant for -

1. special reduced one-way economy fare,
2. more generous baggage allowance

I have contacted with IOM Australia and they asked me to talk with local office of IOM.

Anyone received IOM assisted travel in Australia?...How it differ from normal travel for migrant?

Thanks in advance.

Jahangir.
Hi Jahangir

The local contacts of IOM are not much of a help. In any case you can get a generous baggage allowance from the airlines if you get a one-way ticket and show them your PR visa. For me Malaysia airlines is giving me 40KG+ 7 KG hand carry.

Regards

Faisal

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Basically I contacted with IOM Australia. They asked me some details about the travel to give me a quote. Then they forwarded it to IOM local office.

So, I am waiting for the reply from the local office.

Hi Jahangir,

I don't remember hearing about them before so let us know how you get on if you contact them.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
27 Posts
Basically I contacted with IOM Australia. They asked me some details about the travel to give me a quote. Then they forwarded it to IOM local office.

So, I am waiting for the reply from the local office.
I did the same thing. But never got any reply from local IOM.

Regards

Faisal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts