Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently received an ITA, the points I claimed on the basis of my IQA are of level 9. i-e 60
NZQA has assesses my Bachelors of Computer Science (honors) degree as recognised in New Zealand as Bachelors of Computer and Information Science, which is of level 7 and this title is in the long term shortage list TLTSL
But my "MS Computer Science" degree is assessed as "A masters degree at level 9", But this equivalent recognised degree title is not showing any relevence to IT or Telecommunications area.
With current requirements of skilled Immigration, I still qualify for the application to skilled immigration but i am confused if my masters degree is not recognised to support the future growth area and points are less than 140, will i still be able to make it.
Also I could not find a masters degree title mentioned anywhere in INZ site , recognised as supporting qualification of future growth area, but only multiple bachelor degree titles.
If anybody can please help me in this confusing situation. If there are clear evidences that application will be rejected, i wont waste the processing fee

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
You cannot claim ANY points associated with Future Growth Area (qualifications or experience) unless you already have a skilled job or you have a job offer in NZ that is in a Future Growth Area.
Future Growth Area is only associated with work in NZ, not any other country.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts