Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am a non eea family of an eea national and i applied for my eea 2 residence card about 4 months ago but no residence card yet.I have a serious medical condition now and would undergo a surgery soon.My husband (eea national) and I have decided to invite my sister from Nigeria to the Uk to stay with me after the surgery because my husband works full time and he cannot provide efficient care for me .what documents do we need to send to her and is it family visitor visa she should apply for? would this affect my residence card application in anyway?

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I've changed the title of your thread to "please" instead of pls?? I assume thats what you meant??? Try not to use text speak on the forum, it can prove confusing - thank you

Jo xxx

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
You can invite her as visitor but this will be under the UK immigration rules, not under EU regulations as your sister isn't an extended family member. You need the usual invitation letter, proof of accommodation, funds and her strong ties in Nigeria so that she will go home and not overstay. Has no bearing on residence card application.
But what they may say is if you have money to bring your sister over, can't you pay for your own carer or nurse in UK to look after you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paying for a career may have effect on us as its only my husband that is employed.but my sister has a good job back in Nigeria,she works in our mums company so she has enough fund to sponsor herself and its a way of my family contributing to my health condition and i think they should also undestand importance of family ties if i am right

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
If she can pay all her travel and living costs, has strong ties at home and will definitely be going home after 6 months (maximum), then fine. But UKVI is suspicious of people wanting to bring a relative as carer as there are cheaper options, and may suspect a back-door entry into UK.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
she is studying part time and in her final year,she is also working in our mums company.so i think with a letter from her school and proof that she was a good durable job should proof she will return and he has a daughter back home to return to. or do you think inviting my mum would give better chances because she is old?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and again its about psychological and moral support that i might not get from a career or nurse.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Yes, but UKVI isn't really interested in psychological and moral support, only professional standard of caring, as otherwise everyone would try to bring a relative to care for their children, sick family members and so on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.