Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Hope you all are having a good day.
I am currently on 489 sa sponsored visa. Been in Adelaide for 6 months now.. Working for 5months.. I would like to know whether can I sponsor my mom for a visit to Australia.
Is there any restrictions on how long I should stay in Australia before sponsoring.
Please provide me with information that you guys know. Help much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi malik,

you are on a provisional visa, so you cannot sponsor her to a Visitor Visa (subclass 600) in the Family Sponsored stream, which would allow her to stay for up to 6-12 months. For that you'd need PR or citizenship first. Same applies for parent visas. But the Visitor Visa (subclass 600) also has a Tourist stream:
Tourist stream: for people travelling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends. [...] If you apply for this visa outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is decided.
Make sure that she provides evidence for a strong incentive to return back home to India (property, work, family obligations etc.) and that she has the necessary funds to support herself. They may also ask you for a security bond, even though you cannot sponsor her. You can find more information in Form 1419, which your mom (or you on her behalf) will have to fill out for the application. The last page lists all the documents you need plus some extras that can be helpful (evidence of property back home etc.)

Cheers,
Monika

1 - 2 of 2 Posts