Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am pregnant at the moment, so as you guessed it from the title, I would like to invite my parents and my grandmother to be with me probably late in the year , during DEC or JAN, near to my delivery. But im in a very confused situation.

1) Im a citizen now, just got it in July, but will be applying for my Australian passport. So I can only attach my citizenship certificate and not my Indian passport (for documents to support my ID). Right?
2) Also as I m not working at the moment, I don't have payslips but savings from my previous job so can I attach that?
3) Or is it just better for my brother who is a PR here and working, to invite them and I can co sponsor with him as he has just been working for a year now. ( OR can i just co sponsor and not mention about my pregnancy at all?)

PS : I know my spouse can invite them but he has just sponsored for his parents to be here soon so I dont know if he can also sponsor this. Its their first grandchild so he wants his parents to be here as well.

Any suggestions would be great, I am also planning to call the dept if its too difficult for you all to suggest something.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
As per form 1149, your husband cannot sponsor while his parents' visas are in effect. I would suggest let your brother help your parents' 600 application by providing an invitation letter and other documents to prove his residence and capacity to be responsible for their stay and other expenses (note: he cannot be a sponsor due to not having lived for 2 years yet, but he sure can invite them). As for your grandmother- I am not sure how successful it would be for you to sponsor her in your own capacity (since your in laws are already with you), but give it a try or call (or write to) DIBP about this.

Do let us know here.

I have a question for you: Did they ask for a security bond from your husband for your in laws' sponsored visitor visas? If yes, how much per visitor?

Thanks,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.