Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I am starting this thread for people from Chennai to help each other achieving the goal of getting Australia PR. :tea:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Why whats so special about Chennai people. Isnt everyone here to get an Australian PR?
There are so many threads with all the info out there, so how is it that this thread is going to add value?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is nothing spl

Why whats so special about Chennai people. Isnt everyone here to get an Australian PR?
There are so many threads with all the info out there, so how is it that this thread is going to add value?
there is nothing special about Chennai people, its just another thread to stay in touch with people who live very close. nothing else buddy!:cool2:

Reactions: 2raghu

·
Registered
64 Posts
Folks,

I am starting this thread for people from Chennai to help each other achieving the goal of getting Australia PR. :tea:
Hey Bro, I received my ACS result recently and planning to write IELTS now. First time I got 6.5 in Writing, so need to take it again for 10points :frusty:

Reactions: karanauspr13

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good luck!

Hey Bro, I received my ACS result recently and planning to write IELTS now. First time I got 6.5 in Writing, so need to take it again for 10points :frusty:
All the best bro! I am waiting for my ACS results to decide another attempt on IELTS.
keep me posted.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got my ACS

hey bro, I got my ACS results, now I am in a similar situation like you. have to get atlease all 7 to apply EOI :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
I'm from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. I got married and moved to melbourne before a month . My husband completed his masters in La trobe university and working for the past 1 and a half years in brookyln. We are in visa 457 valid till 2017. I'm in search of job. I'm a M.E(communication systems) graduate(From india) with 1.5 years experience as AS400 software developer in WIPRO technologies chennai. Can someone suggest what are the procedures to obtain PR at this stage? And also can u tell, whether i need to take assessment to recognize my degrees by Australian government ?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi, I'm from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. I got married and moved to melbourne before a month . My husband completed his masters in La trobe university and working for the past 1 and a half years in brookyln. We are in visa 457 valid till 2017. I'm in search of job. I'm a M.E(communication systems) graduate(From india) with 1.5 years experience as AS400 software developer in WIPRO technologies chennai. Can someone suggest what are the procedures to obtain PR at this stage? And also can u tell, whether i need to take assessment to recognize my degrees by Australian government ?
You should have ilets of at least each and a positive skill assessment to apply PR.and if you get 7 In each band you can claim 5 points for that...and even you can claim 5points in your husbands application in that way you both will get PR

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
assessment

Hi,
I'm from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. I got married and moved to melbourne before a month . My husband completed his masters in La trobe university and working for the past 1 and a half years in brookyln. We are in visa 457 valid till 2017. I'm in search of job. I'm a M.E(communication systems) graduate(From india) with 1.5 years experience as AS400 software developer in WIPRO technologies chennai. Can someone suggest what are the procedures to obtain PR at this stage? And also can u tell, whether i need to take assessment to recognize my degrees by Australian government ?
1.5 years may not be sufficient for experience assessment because ACS reduces 2 years for most relevant qualification, if M.E communication systems is ICT major, then you may claim points for your Education.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi,
Thank you so much for the useful info :) Sine i'm completely unaware of procedures and terms used here, can u guys explain me from begining steps ?

About me
* I hold M.E in Communication systems and B.E in electronics and communication engineering
* I have 1.5 years experience as AS400 software developer in WIPRO technologies, chennai.
* I'm in melbourne for the past one month in visa 457(full work permit) valid till 2017.
* I'm here because of my husband.

Can you guys guide me what can be done to get PR and job at Melbourne:
* What are the pre requisites and mandatory steps to get PR ?
* What are the pre requisites and mandatory to apply for a software job ?
* What does ACS,ICT,IELTS do and shud i take up any assessment here and Is it mandatory ?

Seniors plz guide me.......

·
Registered
385 Posts
hi,
Thank you so much for the useful info :) Sine i'm completely unaware of procedures and terms used here, can u guys explain me from begining steps ?

About me
* I hold M.E in Communication systems and B.E in electronics and communication engineering
* I have 1.5 years experience as AS400 software developer in WIPRO technologies, chennai.
* I'm in melbourne for the past one month in visa 457(full work permit) valid till 2017.
* I'm here because of my husband.

Can you guys guide me what can be done to get PR and job at Melbourne:
* What are the pre requisites and mandatory steps to get PR ?
* What are the pre requisites and mandatory to apply for a software job ?
* What does ACS,ICT,IELTS do and shud i take up any assessment here and Is it mandatory ?

Seniors plz guide me.......
1.i think your occupation will be coming under engineering Australia
2.your1.5years work is from software department
3.what is your husband? Why can't you both try for pr?
4. Acs is assessment authority for computer and information technology branch
5.ict is information and computer technology
6.yes you should have positive skill assessment for your pr application

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks friend...

*My husband completed his masters in business administration at melbourne and he has relevant work experience(system Accountant) of 1 year in the current company he s working for (RSH aus pvt ltd).
*His company sponsored him for 457 visa and I'm here with that visa. Its valid till 2017.
*Do u think in any way, i can help him to gain points through my degree? i still didn't attempt IELTS. If i write IELTS will it be useful ?
*Am i eligible to apply to appear ACS assessment with my degree and experience?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks friend... *My husband completed his masters in business administration at melbourne and he has relevant work experience(system Accountant) of 1 year in the current company he s working for (RSH aus pvt ltd). *His company sponsored him for 457 visa and I'm here with that visa. Its valid till 2017. *Do u think in any way, i can help him to gain points through my degree? i still didn't attempt IELTS. If i write IELTS will it be useful ? *Am i eligible to apply to appear ACS assessment with my degree and experience?

Ok buddy..I think you need detailed information about this am elaborating it for if you have any issues pm me and even my husbands home town is Coimbatore...
Your husbands age? (if his age is below 32 he gets 30 points)
His degree-For bachelors and masters 15 points
His Australian study-5 points
Ilets-if he has 10 in each band he will get 10 points
One year experience-5 points

You can get points for your degree but you should have assessment and ilets of 6 in each band

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ok buddy..I think you need detailed information about this am elaborating it for if you have any issues pm me and even my husbands home town is Coimbatore... Your husbands age? (if his age is below 32 he gets 30 points) His degree-For bachelors and masters 15 points His Australian study-5 points Ilets-if he has 10 in each band he will get 10 points One year experience-5 points You can get points for your degree but you should have assessment and ilets of 6 in each band Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum[/QUOT

I think you cannot get assessment from acs as it strict now..try to check acs website about your syllabus in acs website..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

*As discussed with my H, he has 55 points(age 30 + study 20(15+5) + work 5) now . He cleared IELTS. He s not ready to spend time anymore in IELTS !!! So oly way to get 5 more points is to wait until he completes 3 years of work experience. (As far as i browsed thro docs, it says 10 points for at least 3 years experience)
*His employer s ready to help for PR. Even then it needs 3 years work experience.

So both the ways will be open after waiting for 3 years..
Am i right ? Correct me if i'm wrong.
Also suggest me if there are any other chances....

And regarding myself clearing ACS is really tough one as it requires minimum of 4 years experience... So myself helping him adding points is ruled out...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes you are right but you can do assessment in engineers Australia under telecommunication engineer you will get five points

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ask me if you need any help regarding this pr..am 1989 born dentist from India

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi ssaditya,
As far as i browsed, assessment with Engineers australia is for Australian graduates. I did my masters and bachelor degree from India. So i think i cannot take it up...
And i'm 1988 born :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Swathy just check the vet assess assessment authority....find from sol list that in which occupation code you will be coming under or best option for your husband is to apply for state sponsorship for any state in that he can get 5 points

1 - 20 of 23 Posts