Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am an IT professional (Project Manager). I have just contacted an immigration agent to start my process for skilled migration to Australia. I invite other folks in the same boat from Pune and other parts of India to discuss their opinions here. For folks living here in Pune we can may be meet up to discuss and help each other.

Thanks!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi All,

I am an IT professional (Project Manager). I have just contacted an immigration agent to start my process for skilled migration to Australia. I invite other folks in the same boat from Pune and other parts of India to discuss their opinions here. For folks living here in Pune we can may be meet up to discuss and help each other.

Thanks!
Hi, which agent have you contacted?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks!
I'm from Pune too. Do shoot any questions you might have here on the forum. Have you started with your ACS skills assessment ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
daindivin-
count me ..I am from Pune...its good to see couple of applications going from Pune this year :)

You can ask your questions here...Do we have any MARA Agent in Pune ??

·
Registered
139 Posts
guys I think daindivin has already got PR ..he posted this question on 17th Jan ..

·
Registered
146 Posts
anytime ready for meet in Pune

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All,

Sorry was swapmed by work. I am in the last stage of my VISA and will start looking for jobs after that.I used the services of Y-Axis. They are ok nothing great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, we are also from Pune and in our last stage of PR..me and my husband from IT and looking for info on job search.. Some posts mentioned that it is difficult to get jobs while we are still in India..anyone had any luck on job front while in India ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi Shweta... can you share your email so we can chat in detail... I am IT PM here in Pune with a leading firm...what about you?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi, we are also from Pune and in our last stage of PR..me and my husband from IT and looking for info on job search.. Some posts mentioned that it is difficult to get jobs while we are still in India..anyone had any luck on job front while in India ?
Looking for jobs from offshore is always tough because Aus folks prefer f2f interviews even in these times of advanced technology which has made distances virtually nil.
But its not always the case. You can try from offshore as well. You may want to mention in your resume or cover letter or some document that you are looking from offshore and are comfortable with video interviews. Also you may want to commit a date like, for e.g. if you are offered the job then you are ready to report within a week etc etc.
I had almost clinched a DBA opportunity in Wellington, NZ by appearing for skype interviews from India. I just lost it because i did not have any Visa and they needed a person ASAP so they went for a local guy.
So its not impossible, but yeah its not that easy as well. Goodluck.

Reactions: pathjay

·
Registered
14 Posts
IT Manager from Chennai

Looking for jobs from offshore is always tough because Aus folks prefer f2f interviews even in these times of advanced technology which has made distances virtually nil.
But its not always the case. You can try from offshore as well. You may want to mention in your resume or cover letter or some document that you are looking from offshore and are comfortable with video interviews. Also you may want to commit a date like, for e.g. if you are offered the job then you are ready to report within a week etc etc.
I had almost clinched a DBA opportunity in Wellington, NZ by appearing for skype interviews from India. I just lost it because i did not have any Visa and they needed a person ASAP so they went for a local guy.
So its not impossible, but yeah its not that easy as well. Goodluck.
Friends .. nice to hear from U People.
I am ramesh from chennai and my visa granted on 03.09.12 and
I am starting my job search ..
Any contacts at Melbourne / Adelaide pl. let me also apply.
All the best friends ..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ooh wow welcome to all members who wants to live there,
hope you'll enjoy there with it's culture, loving people. i lived there about three years and miss alot.
i also have a plan for holidays in Australia. Yay..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All,
Currently I am based in Pune working in IT sector.
Yesterday got my grant letter.

Planning to move to AUS in mid of Jan 2013 or Early Feb.

--
Abhi

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Abhi..I am PM ... and waiting for an approval...just waiting for my PCC report. I plan to move early next year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am IT professional with 4 years of experience from Bangalore in a stage of documents producing to agency.All documents produced except the IELTS score card of band 7.One time i wrote in August but did not get satisfied score.

Can any one help me how to score band 7?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am IT professional with 4 years of experience from Bangalore in a stage of documents producing to agency.All documents produced except the IELTS score card of band 7.One time i wrote in August but did not get satisfied score.

Can any one help me how to score band 7?
sure bangalore boy.. why don't you PM me your email id, I may be able to send you some good resources

1 - 20 of 271 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.