Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have been icnredibly fortunate during this entire process and now i have begun to worry.

Results for English received: 01/06/17
Skills Assessment submitted:01/06/17
Skills Assessment Received Successfully: 09/06/17
EOI submitted: 09/06/17
Invitation Received: 20/06/17

My occupation however is flagged for removal. The invitation states that it is valid until 20th August. If my occupation is removed from the list it will mean i only have 55 points instead of the 60 required. Will my invitation then no longer be valid? Or do i input information valid as of the time of invitation?

I am incredibly confused and unsure as to whether attempt to input all information before the 1st July to be safe.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have been icnredibly fortunate during this entire process and now i have begun to worry.

My occupation however is flagged for removal. The invitation states that it is valid until 20th August. If my occupation is removed from the list it will mean i only have 55 points instead of the 60 required. Will my invitation then no longer be valid? Or do i input information valid as of the time of invitation?

I am incredibly confused and unsure as to whether attempt to input all information before the 1st July to be safe.

AFAIK, the invite is valid, meaning you can make the application, until 20th August. Your points are frozen at time of invite. Should you allow the invite to lapse, you will need to be invited again. If your skill is no longer on the list, you will not receive another invite. That said, skills can remain flagged for years without being taken off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi rebeccaj92 - wow your timeline has been quick! Congratulations - hope your grant comes in just as quickly. Would you mind sharing your details (occupation, points breakdown, visa(s) applied for, etc)? I applied for both the 189 and 190 on 9th June as well, but have yet to hear anything, so just curious!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Congrats buddy :)

Please share your occupation code and points breakdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
AFAIK, the invite is valid, meaning you can make the application, until 20th August. Your points are frozen at time of invite. Should you allow the invite to lapse, you will need to be invited again. If your skill is no longer on the list, you will not receive another invite. That said, skills can remain flagged for years without being taken off.

BTW, do bear in mind that as you're dealing with an agency that is implementing government mandate, the rules might change without warning. Past experience may not hold true for future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.